PDA

View Full Version : fule filter on ltr450

ProjectLTR450
07-04-2007, 07:20 PM
how do i change the fuel filter on my ltr450

Quigman
07-10-2009, 09:43 PM
i put an inline filter on mine at a cost of $3.50.stock replacment is about $40.00 after tax.but first you must remove the dirty one.remove front plastic and tank cover...then un bolt tank--then squeeze the quick connect tabs on the to fuel lines.--remove---the fuel guage wires and the 2 hoses on the left side----under the tank is a round thing i think its called a swirl bowl.take the rubber off then remove the screws---careful not to rip the O ring--then remove the waffer filter-------------you can then replace with stock ---------or ---------rip the elemint all off then reinstall with no filter but the plastic filter frame--------i put this in so the fuel pick up did not change(((((possibly causing air or flat spots)))))))) then reinstall everything you took off--------------if you opted to go with an inline go to napa and ask for inline filter ###3027 and hold it up by your fuel line and cut out enough for the filter it comes with clamps------------------its nice and small and strong and EASY TO REPLACE--------------------it worked great on my 2006 LTR