PDA

View Full Version : twin white brothers e series what do you think

xxnightraven73x
07-04-2007, 06:05 PM
ok well upon sitting here and thinking i came up with a dual exhaust idea. since i already have one e-series and i do have my own garage wtf why not putter around with an exhaust system.im thinking two stepped headers like the stock one except one for each can and i can tune it using the disks.well what do you guys think? this is for a raptor fyi

400exrider707
07-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I think you'll have twice as many problems... e-series aren't exactly known for staying together well....

either way duals are cool...:cool:

EX LONERIDER
07-05-2007, 06:07 AM
duals are a neat idea any day but..... i'd look into a lighter canister then the e-series. last i hald one i wondered if the power gain was worth the weight...:p

xxnightraven73x
07-05-2007, 06:42 AM
both of you bring up good points im just going with the eseries since i have one already basically when im done i should be able to use any slip on i want to for the rappy with little mods once the header pipes are run.

REDRIDDER
07-06-2007, 10:34 AM
(twin white brothers e series what do you think ) you wont do it hahahaha.....good luck

EX LONERIDER
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by xxnightraven73x
both of you bring up good points im just going with the eseries since i have one already basically when im done i should be able to use any slip on i want to for the rappy with little mods once the header pipes are run.

thats true. one more is cheaper then getting two. the only issue i see with that is clearance between the chain and sproket... depending on how low the e-series hangs. that and isnt the offset on the pipe mount for a right side mount system??

xxnightraven73x
07-06-2007, 03:15 PM
the offset of the eseries is very slight most of it is achieved by an aluminum spacer that comes with the slipon.just for kicks i half *** mounted my stock pipe on the left side to see how it looked and it was killer.so as soon as i pick up another one in going to start cutting chopping and welding i also need to find another header pipe too but ill worry about that after i get the other pipe

Caseys 300ex
07-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Well you did it with your 400ex and banshee pipes. Go for it. Nobody else will have it.

xxnightraven73x
07-06-2007, 04:20 PM
heh heh thats very true i did it to the ex and it looked good and went great.i have alot more tools to use now so this ones going to have alot more fabrication to it than that did.i cant wait to start heh heh hopefully it makes good power

mojavedude
07-06-2007, 04:27 PM
they do sell dual exhausts for raptors
http://www.lteracing.com/exhaust/y-raptor-660.cfm
but $729 is alot

xxnightraven73x
07-06-2007, 05:51 PM
oh im well aware they sell them but why buy one when i can make one and itll basically perform the same as the one you can buy.lte makes them and barkers does too but by the time im done building mine ill probably have $100 into it instead of $700

mojavedude
07-06-2007, 08:25 PM
yea it would be a cool project. no one else would have one