PDA

View Full Version : Not Alot of choices for 450's

L0w3r55
07-04-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah, why does it seem like I am so limited to my choices? there needs to be a quad that is so much better than the rest to come out so i can make up my mind easier...

TRUE
07-04-2007, 03:53 PM
DS450 Maybe?

Dupontster
07-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
DS450 Maybe?

I was just reading about that thing in the new QUAD Mag....Sounds pretty awesome....

450raider
07-04-2007, 04:00 PM
yeah all the 450s have their pros&cons while theres still variety among the companies like you want reverse, aluminum frame, efi, carb, a trail machine, a racer, a duner and people should enjoy it like this because more sooner than later their gonna all be the same eventually with the exception of plastic.

Nick110
07-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
yeah, why does it seem like I am so limited to my choices? there needs to be a quad that is so much better than the rest to come out so i can make up my mind easier...

Can-AM DS450, Honda trx450r, Yamaha yfz450, Kawasaki kfx450, Suzuki LTR 450, Gas Gas 450, Cannondale 450, Dinli 450.

Thats 8 you can pick from in the 450 class. Soon to have 9 when KTM releases theirs.

Rip_Tear
07-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Take em all for a test drive. I'm definately getting a new quad next year and thats my plan. They all seem so great, but hopefully by next year if there are any problems with them they'll be all fixed up.

L0w3r55
07-04-2007, 04:08 PM
gas gas and cannondale still make 450s?

N300exJ
07-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Dont forget polaris has a 450 race quad in the works. And you forgot the ATK 450mx atv.(which bought the cannondale design)

Ive ridden all the 450's out and my favorite is the KFX450R. Its a great machine.

ZeroLogic
07-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Whats so hard? Sit on one if it feels comfortable to you, buy it.

L0w3r55
07-04-2007, 05:08 PM
whats so hard is that i want to pick the quad that will eat up and spit out all of the competition, not just a run of the mill bike, catch my drift? :D

TingTingTing
07-04-2007, 05:16 PM
i have heard nothin but good things about the KFX450R. sounds to me that it is a fast awesome quad and when they trick em out they are sweet lookin also.

TingTingTing
07-04-2007, 05:17 PM
whats so hard is that i want to pick the quad that will eat up and spit out all of the competition, not just a run of the mill bike, catch my drift? :D

there isnt a stock quad that you are going to buy that will eat up and spit out the competion but i see where you are coming from.

suzukigirl
07-04-2007, 05:23 PM
the 450s out there right now are great...lots of choices depending on what you ride....and yeah...no stock machine is going to do what you said you wanted it to

07250ex
07-04-2007, 05:30 PM
yeah no stock machine can kill the competition but get a yfz

TWISTED
07-04-2007, 05:53 PM

It's not about the quad...... It's the rider that makes all the difference. I get so tired of people saying my brand is better than your brand... It all comes down to the rider..... All of these 450's have pros and cons, but they're all pretty much equal....

Toadz400
07-04-2007, 10:23 PM
If you want a quad that will require no modifications or add-ons after you buy it go for the ATK450 MX version. You're going to pay more for it but in the end you're saving money and getting a much better machine.

gncc025
07-05-2007, 12:57 AM
yeah the machine matters some sure, but it really is all about the rider like TWISTED said. All the 450s are really good quads, but the quad is only as good as the rider.

My advice is to just go out and sit on em and get a feel and choose whats more comfortable to you.

07-05-2007, 04:33 AM
I love my kfx450, i dont have one regret going with it....seems alot of people are having trouble though but from the looks of it its only if its neglected.

outacontrol
07-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by z400rider08
I love my kfx450, i dont have one regret going with it....seems alot of people are having trouble though but from the looks of it its only if its neglected.

I disagree, i just went to the wpsa race in Va, Josh Creamer, Jason Luburgh and Mark Kendall, all got pulled off the track at one point in time for motor issues. For those of you who dont know, they are all on Monster energy KFX's. They might be pushing every ounce of hp out of those motors and the motors cant take it. But those are not neglected by any means..

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by outacontrol
I disagree, i just went to the wpsa race in Va, Josh Creamer, Jason Luburgh and Mark Kendall, all got pulled off the track at one point in time for motor issues. For those of you who dont know, they are all on Monster energy KFX's. They might be pushing every ounce of hp out of those motors and the motors cant take it. But those are not neglected by any means..

I've seen Natalie's Honda, Gust's Zuk, and Brown's Yamaha all pulled off too at other races... EVERYTHING can and will break...... Give Kawasaki time, they'll figure it out. Oh, and for the record, I ride a Honda, but if I was to buy something right now, it would be a Kaw or Zuk.... I wanna support those that support the sport....

TWISTED DINLI
07-05-2007, 07:51 AM

dude all of them are going to pull off the track with motor issues. i mean, give them a break itstheir first year with this quad. within another year or two they will have eveything straightened out and they will be running as hard as the Honda and Suzukis.

outacontrol
07-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
dude all of them are going to pull off the track with motor issues. i mean, give them a break itstheir first year with this quad. within another year or two they will have eveything straightened out and they will be running as hard as the Honda and Suzukis.
settle down boys, im not bashing kaw, i know things break down at that level, weinens suzuki's motor blew in that race. i was just stating that kaw doesnt have it figured out yet is all, just like in 04 with the yfz.

REDRIDDER
07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
(dude all of them are going to pull off the track with motor issues. i mean, give them a break itstheir first year with this quad. within another year or two they will have eveything straightened out and they will be running as hard as the Honda and Suzukis.) But by the time that they do get straighten out Honda,Suzuki,and Yamaha will probably have out something newer and still be ahead of the KFX that's working out the bugs I'm not knocking the KFX its just that their pretty late in their design and all the other manufactures are in the process of making something newer or improving.Basicaly what I'm saying is that Kawasaki is behind in track time were everyone else has been out for a little while with their 450s and i know like the Honda 450r has pretty much changed every year sense its been out that's 3 going on 4 years to improve now for Yamaha,Suzuki,im not familiar with them so i cant verify their changes and im sure they have made a few in the past years.But yeah you are right everything must give at some point everything does.

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
(dude all of them are going to pull off the track with motor issues. i mean, give them a break itstheir first year with this quad. within another year or two they will have eveything straightened out and they will be running as hard as the Honda and Suzukis.) But by the time that they do get straighten out Honda,Suzuki,and Yamaha will probably have out something newer and still be ahead of the KFX that's working out the bugs I'm not knocking the KFX its just that their pretty late in their design and all the other manufactures are in the process of making something newer or improving.Basicaly what I'm saying is that Kawasaki is behind in track time were everyone else has been out for a little while with their 450s and i know like the Honda 450r has pretty much changed every year sense its been out that's 3 going on 4 years to improve now for Yamaha,Suzuki,im not familiar with them so i cant verify their changes and im sure they have made a few in the past years.But yeah you are right everything must give at some point everything does.

Honda hasn't made any changes, other than color and graphics since 06.... 04 and 05 were the same.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Honda hasn't made any changes, other than color and graphics since 06.... 04 and 05 were the same.

I thought in 06/07 they upped to a higher compression piston, and changed some other things in gearing?

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 10:00 AM
In 06 they did, but nothing since.... The 04 and 05 model were the same....

CHEVYZ
07-05-2007, 10:01 AM
04/05 and 06+ are completely different in nearly all aspects. He was saying that Honda hasn't done much changing since 04 and 05 were the same, and then 06+ are basically the same bikes. So that would mean that they have changed once since 2004.

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I worded that wrong. In 04-05 the quad was the same. In 06 they made quite a few changes. Nothing new since 06 except for color and graphics....

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
04/05 and 06+ are completely different in nearly all aspects. He was saying that Honda hasn't done much changing since 04 and 05 were the same, and then 06+ are basically the same bikes. So that would mean that they have changed once since 2004.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks. I couldn't word it right...

m.h.s.c.#527
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM

yea and your yamaha doesnt have electrical problems?

07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
250r- thats all i have to say

old-XC-guy
07-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
yea and your yamaha doesnt have electrical problems? Im not sold on the whole electrical problem thing... I had problems for about three races ,couldnt figure it out and everyone said it was becouse it was a junk Yamaha YFZ , but you know I found the problem and it was a wire that had rubbed on the frame and kept shorting it out. SO does that make it Yamahas fault ??? I dont think so.. And I think if people would take the time to look for the problem instead of calling things junk , people would have a different opinion on the YFZs .. I like all the bikes and think its all about how the rider performs on the bike.

ZeroLogic
07-05-2007, 02:55 PM

It don't matter how good the quad is, its all about skill. You cannot buy skill.;)

nicker71
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I got some skill for sale, as is no warrenty.:D :D

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
It don't matter how good the quad is, its all about skill. You cannot buy skill.;)

AMEN!!!!

mx1791
07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by nicker71
lmao

L0w3r55
07-05-2007, 03:58 PM
well its not that i dont have the skill i just dont have the bike, i have a warrior for petes sake, but i do love it

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Nothing wrong with the 'ol Warrior. Blaster was 1st, then I had a Warrior..... Those were great times!!!

mitch91
07-06-2007, 10:01 AM

Keep that warrior then.

ZeroLogic
07-06-2007, 10:32 AM
well its not that i dont have the skill i just dont have the bike, i have a warrior for petes sake, but i do love it

A Warrior is way different then a 450. You'll be starting off on a whole different machine. Hop on one that you feel the best on and go with that one. Their all the same.

old-XC-guy
07-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by nicker71
Nick , I will take 1/2 your skill