View Full Version : elkas

gcart2
07-04-2007, 03:09 PM
if i buy a set of front elkas and not the rear would i be ok? i wasnt even gonna do shocks till i heard how good they were. i am very low on money but a set of good front elkas is around 900 bucks. if i do fronts will it be much better than b4? what r the pros and cons of this.

73watermutt
07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I had long travel Elkas on my quad but got low on cash and sold them to a forum member but anyhow I loved them. Much better ride and landing jumps is alot nicer then with stock. I just bought a set of new Works triple rates off ebay for $340 without ressies since I can't swing the price for Elkas right now. I have had works in the past and while not as good as Elkas they are still really nice shocks and a heck of alot cheaper. Either way both are MAJOR upgrades over stock. You will be fine with just the stock rear shock and Elkas.

gcart2
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
r the 1's with no ressies still adjustable and do they work a long time withoutt lossing its compression?

XXXRACER165
07-04-2007, 03:21 PM
OMG, you will have it setup so much better after those elka's. The stock ones just don't hold up to heavy whoop riding, it will feel much softer and bottom resistant. Rear shock is fine, just get it revalved.

DOHC
07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I just bought a set of works g series tripple rates, i havnt been to the track yet with them but riding the trails is sooo much nicer on the works. If i go over a hill and get air and land into the rocks on my old shock it felt so rough and i though my quad was going to fall apart now with the works its still alittle hard but its so much better then before

GOTFEAR
07-04-2007, 10:03 PM
I would buy a set of used custom axis and have thim rebuilt for you. you probly wont have $600.00 -$800.00 in thim but you would be happy later on as you do your ride up thats just me.

buster024
07-05-2007, 11:22 AM
My advice is to take your time, and wait for a good deal to come along on some used gear. If you wait, you'll be able to find great gear for great prices. Don't settle on something that you only sort of like, just to get something new. Figure out exactly what you want, and just start saving your dough, and wait to you find a great deal.

400exrider707
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
You shouldn't be running a ZPS setup in the front and stock rear, the suspension will not work properly at all, the rear will be fighting with the front, you will never get a good ride height established and it will just act funny.