PDA

View Full Version : crank spacer??? help

skyhighatv
07-04-2007, 03:06 PM
hi guys hows it goin-i need some help,im in the middle of doing a complete bottom end-i have the trans and internal shift components in and im about to seal the case-MY CLYMER MANUAL SHOWS A CRANK SPACER ON THE RIGHT SHAFT OF THE CRANK before closing the case-i have two bottom ends(one with bad crank,one with bad right case) that im making a good one from-so i have two of everything and zero crank spacers can someone give any info about this spacer? all help is greatly appreciated-thanks.

skyhighatv
07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
if anyone has split there cases-is there a spacer that goes on the crank shaft before the right side case?

methyman
07-04-2007, 04:15 PM
The only spacer on the right side (clutch side) is for the seal to ride on it. It is a collar. See picture.

Rich250RRacer
07-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by methyman
The only spacer on the right side (clutch side) is for the seal to ride on it. It is a collar. See picture.

That collar should be replaced with a new one any time a bottom end is taken apart. The seal will wear a groove in the collar and if the old one is used there's a good chance of a leak.

skyhighatv
07-05-2007, 07:34 PM
thanks guys i appreciate the help-i think my clymer is a miss print or some thing because every picture of the cases split is showing a spacer on the crank?
thanks again.