PDA

View Full Version : Getting outerwears box cover on.

Sjorge450R
07-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Hey i was just wondering if i need to drop the box to get it on. Seems like its a kinda tight fit.

Steve

monkey4purdue
07-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I've got on 04 i tuck the 4 tabs in and the side two tabs, try to get the rear two corners started then work to the front. Kind of a pain at first, now it goes on and off pretty easily. Shouldn't have to drop the airbox.

Sjorge450R
07-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by monkey4purdue
I've got on 04 i tuck the 4 tabs in and the side two tabs, try to get the rear two corners started then work to the front. Kind of a pain at first, now it goes on and off pretty easily. Shouldn't have to drop the airbox.

alright thanks. I wasnt sure if I had to use the tabs to help hold it on. I guess two extra hands would probaly help. Do you notice less dust in the box with the cover?

kbass24emtp
07-05-2007, 08:27 AM
You will notice some dust in there, but it will no longer look like a desert in there. They do work and are worth having it on there.

roundsy
07-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I had the same difficulty getting mine to fit and even when it was on I was always afraid it would just fly off, so i gutted the stock lid except for the outer edges and then clipped it on over the outerwears, and works like a charm. I can get pics if ya'd like.

Sjorge450R
07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by roundsy
I had the same difficulty getting mine to fit and even when it was on I was always afraid it would just fly off, so i gutted the stock lid except for the outer edges and then clipped it on over the outerwears, and works like a charm. I can get pics if ya'd like.

yeah please. I was thinking of doing that. What did you do. Just cut out the entire center and then just put the cover over that and clip it on?

roundsy
07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
yeah I pretty much just did that, but I did leave a little piece through the center, I have pics but my dig camera has gone missing for the night (sister :ermm: ) so I will post pic up tomorrow when I get a hold of it again.

roundsy
07-07-2007, 02:42 PM
heres the pic i promised