PDA

View Full Version : What's a 1999 400ex with mods worth?

400exPete
07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
I have a '99 400ex that is in nice shape. It has been turned into a 416 motor with a Wiseco high compression piston (runs on high test), full two bros exhaust, stage 2 hot cams cam, aftermarket ign for 1k higher revs, K&N air filter. I use mobil 1 10w40 in it when I ride it. It also has nerf bars, skid plate for the body and swing arm, bark buster hand protectors, aftermarket bars, air shrouds, aluminum air box, works tripple rate shocks, douglas red dot wheels with razr tires. steel brake lines front and rear. I think this is everything.

I have only used the quad for trail riding (I am 35 and can't afford to break bones anymore). I can take pics but I have no idea what would be reasonable to ask. As you can see I have a decent amount of money in the quad and it really only sits around and collects dust. Since the rebuild I have less than 20hrs of use on it. The quad is a blast to ride and it quite a change from a stock 400. This keep up with my buddies KFX400 no poroblem, with more top end.

XXXRACER165
07-04-2007, 09:30 AM
$2,000 at max. It's just hard to sell these things right now with the 450's out, and it's the first year made which hurts a little.

Chin_Chilla
07-04-2007, 09:43 AM
It really depends on the market in your area. Here in TX it would be hard to get rid of it for $1500, but in Cali I hear they are going for $2500. You just have to find the right buyer at the right time... Good luck with the sale!

GPracer2500
07-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I sold the pictured 99' less than a year ago for $3200 (I came down from my asking price of $3400). Mine was similar to your's except a few less chassis mods. It was very clean--not a spot of rust, no heavy scratches, grease build-up, or other grime, etc. I really took care of it and when I built the engine I did it "right". It did take me a few months to sell. I'd guess I could have sold it in a week for $1000 less. This was in the Phoenix AZ area.

In my experience, selling prices depend a lot on location and how quickly you expect to sell it. I'd go through CraigsList and the ATV Trader and see what people are asking for similar machines. That should give you a place to start. Then put it up for sale and adjust the price based on the interest you receive.