PDA

View Full Version : Rekluse setup ?'s

Jake250ex
07-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Well I have my mind made up as to whether I want one or not. I have a few questions.

How hard is the installation? How long does it take? Can I do it?

And, once its on is there any tweaking that must be done or is it ready to go out of the box?

I heard of them burning up alot. Is that still a problem?

And lastly do you retain your stock clutch lever, so you can still use it like a manual clutch? Thanks

SwainRacing
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
If you want to use your stock clutch leaver you need you use the PRO version. I ran the regular rekluse for 2 years and had some problems with it breaking disks. I then started taking it apart after every race and ride, and didnt have an problems. You do need to adjust it and it is easy, just using a thicker or thinner steel plate.

Now I run the PRO version and it is alot better. Not as much adjusting but still needt to be checked every once in a while. It is even built better than the old one. It is easy to install. I would also recomend buying their basket. Your stock will do for a while, but a billet one will last forever.

Jake250ex
07-04-2007, 03:43 PM
whats the cost for the pro and the basket? thanks

hondamano4
07-04-2007, 08:44 PM
629 for pro clutch and 230 for the basket. belive me this thins are are the **** i have hadmine about 5 months and i love it no problem with at all.

Eric

duke416ex
07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
I recommend the pro also over the regular z start. I pretty much have the sam eopinion as Swain, I have ran both and really like the pro better. I can probably get you a little better deal on one if you get interested pm me.

deathman53
07-07-2007, 08:26 PM
anything on how good they are for 03 crf450r's? I have that motor in my quad.

Jason Hall
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I have a Rekluse In my 450r, It's the early unit. I have major problems with the bike stalling when engine braking & hitting the rear brakes. Is It just me, or has anyone else had this same problem? I use my trans to slow myself down & If you spike the rear brake just after down shifting It kills the engine right now. Will the pro series keep that from happening? Can I update the older unit to stop the problem?