PDA

View Full Version : Might build a hybrid?

rr outlaw
07-04-2007, 08:03 AM
I am thinking about building a hybrid. What is the best frame to use? Laeger's, jrd, etc...

TWISTED DINLI
07-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by rr outlaw
I am thinking about building a hybrid. What is the best frame to use? Laeger's, jrd, etc...

are you going to be using a 400ex frame or a 250r frame?

rollie
07-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
are you going to be using a 400ex frame or a 250r frame?

by the brands he suggested i would say he's looking to use an aftermarket frame with 250R geometry.:cool:

the best would probably be a leager narrow frame but theres a slim chance you will be able to find that, a lonestar might be easier to find or you could get a brand new one, i think they still make them on a special order basis. i could be wrong though

rr outlaw
07-04-2007, 08:24 AM
i dont know what frame i want to use (400ex or 250r). I am building this for mx and I am going to use a crf 450 motor. Maybe this info helps as to what frame I should use?

Rulz
07-04-2007, 10:28 AM
The Lonestar's are no link only, so keep that in mind. Walsh are probably most respected, but I don't know if they even make any more aftermarket frames. Be careful when buying a used aftermarket chromoly frame because as they age the metal gets very brittle, so the newer the better. Don't bash the brittle statement, that came from my welder friend who works at AA as a welder/structural engineer. He works with aluminum and all the different chromoly metals and has for over 25 years.

250Renvy
07-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rr outlaw

Might be cheaper just to buy one built and redo it or reconfigure it the way you want.
It might take you a while to find a decent frame and if you get one built you are definitely looking at higher costs.

The other way is to go with a 400ex conversion or 400ex geometry quad. More availability and you can just buy a new stock frame and mod it without too much cost and waiting to find one.