PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni 16mm with Koso Style Performance Intake

bulldogfallon
07-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Anyone try this combo on a DRX50 yet?

The Mikuni is too small to fit into the boot on the new OKO intakes on the 2007 models, but.......

If you cut the lip off of the Mikuni intake boot, then put that rubber piece into the bigger boot it will fit really snug...then insert Mikuni carb and clamp down :)

I will try this out soon on my buddies 50 (if he is home)

Anyone tried this combo yet?

dblacks
07-04-2007, 07:45 AM
hmm almost like you were reading my mind, I just don't have time to try it this week but maybe next week

not much difference between the oko21 and the 16 but comparing the 16 with the old intake, I was wondering the same, how well would the 16 work if you fitted it into the new intake?

drr wizard
07-04-2007, 08:08 AM
great minds think alike , sounds like it might work!
drr wizard

riding4fun
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
I like the idea but I would rather have a one piece intake boot. Since these things now have an option as stock, how are they being put on. IMO the Keihin 20 is too small for the Koso intake. Yes it fits but it can't be good clamping it down that far.

Knowing how DRR is I assume they will shortly have the right size intake boot to fit.

bulldogfallon
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
No new boot is coming, but I am working on sourcing some that may fit a little better...

I called around when I saw the size difference, but other engine builders said they just clamped it down to the stock boot.

I will let everyone know when I find a new boot

#404's Dad
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Any pictures of this dealio or just a pick of this Keihin carb?

Never mind, i see you are referring to a Mikuni 16mm :(

Thanks

hotquads1
07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Gary,
what was the outcome of the 16mm and koso intake?

dblacks
07-08-2007, 05:59 PM
interesting observation in open practice on Sat.

couldnt see full results as we were rained out for the race sunday morning

fastest 50's on the track were 2 with oko carbs on them and 1 with a 16mm with the old intake.

both oko's drilled

one with stock clutching except red stall springs, 35 reargear, 20 front

one with totally different clutching 19 front, 32 rear

I will have a keihin this week and if I can get to a track to get it tuned in I will compare it on my son's quad to see if the kehin is better as many tend to believe.

I will also test the 16mm with the intake if I can get a boot that will fit the 16 to the intake.

kenjolly
07-08-2007, 06:05 PM
who has drill to the exact specs on the OKO and how does it run now,and what was it doing before.

camsdad
07-09-2007, 09:27 AM
try the mikuni with the stock intake and perf reeds..the koso style intake is too large for a 50 and border line for a 70...you loose all of your velocity....air flow has to be accompanied by velocity or you dont get a gain...