PDA

View Full Version : honda 400ex engine 99and up !!!

PowerMadd789XC
07-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I recently had my bike redone,and the guy that did it , said he was doing the hole thing for 1000, so i assumed tahts wat he did, but come to find out he only did the top end, so i was racn , and was about to finish my second lap and heard a awful noise, adn stuff, my quad slide a ways, then iu look down and theres a cracck straight across the front of my engine on thebottom case, so i call the guy and then he tells me he only did topend,, so here i am, not able to race, and really need to find me an engine for my 400ex.. i would greatly appriciate it. also the crank is wat broke, and that was only the 3rd race on that engine!!!, welp if u have an engine up for sale at a reasonable price or just one for sell, help me , thanks .

Metzroth
07-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I have a bottom end that i would sell for $450 + S&H. If the topend only has 3 races on it, you should be fine to just slap your jug, head, and piston on this motor and go. If you want, I also have a jug with a fresh 416 bore and the piston to go with it. A J.E. 10.8:1 compression piston with a full cometic gasket set (thinner than stock) that will raise compression to around 11:1. Let me know if you're interested. You will need to use your cam chain tensioner and cam chain out of your motor.