PDA

View Full Version : Did I do the DRD wet sump correct??

LT250Racer609
07-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Ok well i got my YZ426 motor and I had to install the DRD wet sump kit on it so I dont hafto use the external oil tank...well I went by the directions and I think everything is right im just double checking with you guys...came from a 250R diehard owner so the 4 stroke motors are new to me....

I removed the 2 oil lines. One on each side of the lower case and plugged them with the plugs supplied in the kit. Then I pulled off the clutch cover, clutch and took off the oil pump gear, then the oul pump and put the cover on it from the DRD kit, left the parts it said to leave out and out it back together. Removed the oil gauge spring and ball too?? as it said in the dirrections...

I have 1 plug and screw left, and the 2 Bigger plugs that im guessing would be used to plug the external oil tank??? The only oil lines to plug on the motor were the 2 right?? Because the directions made it seem like their were 3 but I couldnt figure it out.

SRH
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
man , that is going to run pretty hot with only 1/2-3/4 of a quart of oil in it, literally every ride your going to have to ch ange that oil, why cant you work out some kind of oil tank setup?

400exrider707
07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by SRH
man , that is going to run pretty hot with only 1/2-3/4 of a quart of oil in it, literally every ride your going to have to ch ange that oil, why cant you work out some kind of oil tank setup?

Sometimes there just isn't room for it... yes you will have to change your oil more often, but thats the price you pay... .450Rs only run roughly half a quart of oil in the motor side and .65ish in the transmission side...

LT250Racer609
07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
well i bought a 400ex frame, so the oil tank would fit, but im not going to put one in. I would rather not have it

DRD says to change your oil every 2 races....Fine with me cause I have done that for the last 3 years