PDA

View Full Version : whos clutch smart?

bigmikey119
07-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Can some one please tell me what it feels like when your clutch is slipping? In detail what to look for on the plates when I pull them out? How dose a slipping clutch hinder performance high speed low speed?

Thanks guys!

krt400ex
07-03-2007, 05:33 PM
when my clutch was slipping i was feelin it in the lever as i was letting it out, and it make a weird sound from the tranny. usually the metal plates will look glazed over when you pull it apart. if you take a very very fine sand paper and clean them up a little it should be alright

bigmikey119
07-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks any one else have ant info? I dont feel it in my lever but I think the clutch might be slipping!

Ruby Soho
07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
sometimes when im going in 1st slow and im letting the clutch out and im on a slope, it sounds like it grinds slightly real quyick then goes away. but it doesnt always do that

JPhonda
07-03-2007, 07:31 PM
when my clutch was bad i could tell because every time i gave it a lot of gas to go faster you would hear the motor rev up but the wheels were not turning faster. (its almost like having it in neutral and reving motor.) After a second or two then you would feel the power slowly going to the wheels

krt400ex
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JPhonda
when my clutch was bad i could tell because every time i gave it a lot of gas to go faster you would hear the motor rev up but the wheels were not turning faster. (its almost like having it in neutral and reving motor.) After a second or two then you would feel the power slowly going to the wheels

yupp that happens if it gets really hot too

GOTFEAR
07-03-2007, 11:12 PM
sounds like at full throtle in 3rd gear that you never hit the rev limiter.

bigmikey119
07-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JPhonda

Thanks, I need a new clutch!!