PDA

View Full Version : kick start installed... what to take off

One_Bad_400
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
ok i just installed a kick start on my 450er... now... what all can i take off... like what all electrical and can you please provide pics if possible.. i tend to take stuff off thats needed sometimes

ryanowarrior
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
what all did you have to get for your kicker?? and where did ya get it?? any info you can give i'd like to have, cause thats what i want to get for mine!!

watts16
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I just got mine in the other day too. Does yours take a few kicks 3-4 right after you kill it when its hot. Starts first kick when I first start it or after we take a 5 minute break. Starting to miss the hot start.

Originally posted by ryanowarrior
what all did you have to get for your kicker?? and where did ya get it?? any info you can give i'd like to have, cause thats what i want to get for mine!!
heres a killer deal on all the parts needed. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=305645

One_Bad_400
07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by watts16
I just got mine in the other day too. Does yours take a few kicks 3-4 right after you kill it when its hot. Starts first kick when I first start it or after we take a 5 minute break. Starting to miss the hot start.

heres a killer deal on all the parts needed. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=305645

wierd? mine is the exact opposit... lol... when its cold it takes 3-4 kicks but after its warmed up it kicks right off

One_Bad_400
07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ryanowarrior

i ordered mine from the honda shop... but i would go with that one guys deal... your getting it about 100 bucks cheaper that way...

gnccguy
08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey you all, I have all the parts to put the kick starter in, but I can not find any info on how to put that sucker in. If you can tell me where you had yours put in ,or what info you had to put it in. that would be great with any help you can give me.

Thanks
Brad

lumi
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
well i kno some major things will be,

- you will need a kicker CDI
- crank spacer( for where starter clutch and gear went )
-remove starter and gears, and install plug.
- u can remove the battery and the power and ground plug, the push button starter plugs, and the starter plug/power and ground

-lumi

Chino886
08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by lumi
well i kno some major things will be,

- you will need a kicker CDI
- crank spacer( for where starter clutch and gear went )
-remove starter and gears, and install plug.
- u can remove the battery and the power and ground plug, the push button starter plugs, and the starter plug/power and ground

-lumi

You don't need the kicker CDI, I still have the ER CDI on mine.
Starter does not need to be removed to make it work, you can if you want.

Just my 2 yen! (speaking from experience) If you have the 06 Honda manual, it is very easy to see what all you can take out.

IMSROLL450R
08-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
You don't need the kicker CDI, I still have the ER CDI on mine.
Starter does not need to be removed to make it work, you can if you want.

Just my 2 yen! (speaking from experience) If you have the 06 Honda manual, it is very easy to see what all you can take out.

I didnt change my CDI either after the kicker install and mines starts fine too.

lumi
08-09-2007, 08:17 PM
not to get anyone in panic mode, just stating things can be changed... er cdi i think ignites at different rpm than the kicker one thats about it. :devil: