PDA

View Full Version : spray in bedliners

Kickstarts-suck
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Are spray in bedliners worth the $400?

Also what would be the best brand? Line x?

Ghost-Rider
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Uncle has Rhino Liner and he loves it.

smr
07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Rhino liner is the best.

TRX_450
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
go with line-x for a few reasons....

1) i have a rhino liner and not 2 weeks after i got it it came up putting something in my truck
2) rhino liner is soft and spongy while line-x is like sand paper and very hard
3) line-x had dealers nationwide and lets say your in a diff state and something happens to your line-x while you're there...you can go to any line-x dealer and have it redone/worked on
4)rhino liners fade after a while regardless of them saying they wont

derekhonda
07-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Line-x

TWISTED DINLI
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Line-x

thats sweet lookin.

Ron89
07-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I saw something in a hot rodding magazine that mentioned a roll on bed liner (comes in the 1 gal paint buckets). It is much cheaper and although it may not last quite as long, it is still cheaper it re-apply it. They preferred that over any of the spray-ons. I have no personal experience with this though.

elchankoblanko
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
i have a rhino liner and never had a problem with it, just a few nicks from when i put something on it that had a sharp end but they fiexed it for free.

Old Dirtbiker
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Its worth the $ 400 bucks.

I had Zeibart do mine 5 years ago on a brand new truck.
They grind off the paint down to metal to insure a secure bond.

They custom mixed the color to match the factory gold on the bottom of my lariet.

It is a softer material that prevents things from sliding around.
I'm a plumbing contractor so I haul pipe, welders & lots of other things that I don't want slamming into the back when I hit the brakes.
I also don't want things on the hood of the car behind me when I give it gas.

It has a lifetime warranty not to peel or pull up. If it does, they claim to repair it though I have not needed to validate that.

Would I do the Zeibart again,

In a skinny minute.

The biggest labor expense is in the preperation of whats getting sprayed. If corners are cut there, then expect a breakdown.
Check out someone else's truck PRIOR to them spraying it.

The one gallon kits for do it yourselfer,
well you get what you pay for. (and maybe not)

derekhonda
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I had about a grand in linex by the time i was done with my old dodge. I don't think you can go wrong with either rhino or line-x, but the line-xshop was in my town so they got my business.

Mxjunkie
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
I saw something in a hot rodding magazine that mentioned a roll on bed liner (comes in the 1 gal paint buckets). It is much cheaper and although it may not last quite as long, it is still cheaper it re-apply it. They preferred that over any of the spray-ons. I have no personal experience with this though.

It's called Herculiner, awesome stuff! I used it on my v8 s10 and it looks great. I only had a few slight troubles on the second coat mainly because it was just about 90 degree's out.. :scary: It tends to dry pretty quick once the 2nd coat comes around. In a way it almost has a semi-gloss black shine to it, I'll try and get a picture. :macho

HondaEXrider22
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Does anyody know of any bed liner shops in Northeast PA?

05Z400rdr
07-03-2007, 06:42 PM
my dad's business has a lot of things rhino lined..pickup beds, roof racks, etc. i love it..n it holds up awesome! we havent had one problem with the rhino liner yet..n thats saying a lot when u see how hard we are on it sometimes. one of the first things im doing to my truck when i get it is getting the bed rhino lined...

Landon

elchankoblanko
07-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22

There is one in washington new jersey thats where i got mine done and i also believe there is one in the allentown area

mat1977
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by smr
Rhino liner is the best. Had it done,Love it and has stood up to 2 years of abuse.Just be careful loading your quad.Slippery when Wet:D Plus if you like to keep your rig clean like I do all you have to do is rinse it out and spray it w/ Armour All tire foam,and your good.

insaneracin2003
07-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
I have this stuff and it is still on today and has been there for 4 years.....all you have to do,if necessary is re-apply until you get the desired thickness.....I love mine...

Outlaw 50
07-04-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Dirtbiker
Its worth the $ 400 bucks.

I had Zeibart do mine 5 years ago on a brand new truck.
They grind off the paint down to metal to insure a secure bond.

They custom mixed the color to match the factory gold on the bottom of my lariet.

It is a softer material that prevents things from sliding around.
I'm a plumbing contractor so I haul pipe, welders & lots of other things that I don't want slamming into the back when I hit the brakes.
I also don't want things on the hood of the car behind me when I give it gas.

It has a lifetime warranty not to peel or pull up. If it does, they claim to repair it though I have not needed to validate that.

Would I do the Zeibart again,

In a skinny minute.

The biggest labor expense is in the preperation of whats getting sprayed. If corners are cut there, then expect a breakdown.
Check out someone else's truck PRIOR to them spraying it.

The one gallon kits for do it yourselfer,
well you get what you pay for. (and maybe not)

Dittos^

By the way Old dirt biker, great signature.

Mxjunkie
07-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
I have this stuff and it is still on today and has been there for 4 years.....all you have to do,if necessary is re-apply until you get the desired thickness.....I love mine...

Hey how many coat's did you throw on yours? I have 2 on mine but since my truck is purple you can still see some purple in the mix.. :o :p

ugottabayou
07-04-2007, 09:52 AM
My truck has a Rhino, it is faded, chalky, and it is cut in several places. My truck already had the Rhino in it, so I had no choice. If it was my choice I would have the LineX, much better texture and it keeps a deep black color much better.

Rhino Lining is a 100% polyurethane, cold/low pressure liner.

LINE-X is a blend of polyurethane and polyurea and uses a superior heat/high pressure application system. LINE-X literally has more than double the tear strength of most 100% polyurethane brands. For example, the tear strength of LINE-X is 306 pounds per liner inch (pli), Rhino is 145 pli. LINE-X is the only brand with a written nationwide lifetime warranty. :)

CRich[814]
07-04-2007, 09:56 AM
i'd go with line x. even though rhino lining has colors, line x is better quality.

Sjorge450R
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
just a question. Whats so bad about the good ole bedliners? I have one and love it.

trick250r
07-04-2007, 10:25 AM
1) the old bedliners will let water underneath and will eventually **** up your bed.

2)get line x... our f-150 has the rhino liner and its starting to peel. like the above mentioned, it looks chalky and is really slippery when wet. ouur buddy has line x in his... the week he got it, he was hauling some landscaping bricks, and just to test the liner, he threw them in pretty hard. not a scratch or anything. its actually hard unlike the rubbery texture of the rhino liner.

Sjorge450R
07-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
1) the old bedliners will let water underneath and will eventually **** up your bed.

2)get line x... our f-150 has the rhino liner and its starting to peel. like the above mentioned, it looks chalky and is really slippery when wet. ouur buddy has line x in his... the week he got it, he was hauling some landscaping bricks, and just to test the liner, he threw them in pretty hard. not a scratch or anything. its actually hard unlike the rubbery texture of the rhino liner.

well yea about the water. I have an 87 dakota which has had the bedliner in there since 87. I pulled the liner not to long ago. Looks perfect.

As for the bouncing. I work at a EP henry dealer and it sucks when people come in with the spray ones. I cant slide the bricks across the bed and i can slide pallets of bricks in the bed without worrying about damaging the spray.

stever25
07-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I have had Rhino lining and line-x and both were ok but the rhino lining woud tear as said above if not careful. The Line-x also tore
from sliding my snowmobile in and out. I now have a spray on liner called full metal jacket and it seems to be the best so far. I have had it for 4 years and it doesn't have a nick on it. As for what is wrong with regular bed liners, it's not when it's in the bed that's the problem, It's when you take it out and find all the destruction it has caused underneath. leaves, dirt, and water get under it and sit there for years unnoticed causing rust. Also if you have one that goes over the bed rails, the paint gets all scratched up. I'm no expert, just my 0.02!!!

yamaha250f
07-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22

There's a line x dealer in carbondale. I had it done to my turck 2 weeks after i got it in 2005 and damn straight its the best up grade you can do. Line x is by far the best.

TRX_450
07-08-2007, 10:28 AM
some more input...i had amy rhino liner rdeone after it came up after only 2 weeks and last nite while loading my quad my NERF BARS caught and ripped it back up again...im tempted to just have them take it off

troyleepred719
07-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Where my father works, I can get 5 gallon pails of underbody. I took a spray gun with underbody and did the bed of my old Silverado, and then took Sand, and spread it on top of the first layer, and then put another layer on, made a course grit liner, like a rhino liner, but with traction......

derekhonda
07-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Where my father works, I can get 5 gallon pails of underbody. I took a spray gun with underbody and did the bed of my old Silverado, and then took Sand, and spread it on top of the first layer, and then put another layer on, made a course grit liner, like a rhino liner, but with traction......

Hows that holding up? that sounds like a really good idea actually! did you sand down the bed first or just apply?

troyleepred719
07-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Hows that holding up? that sounds like a really good idea actually! did you sand down the bed first or just apply?

It was an older truck with a couple rust spots, i sanded it down and put a coat of primer on it.. but if its a newer truck without rust, just clean it very good. I havent had the truck since 05, but when i sold her, she was still like the day I did it, it was a lot better to load stuff onto it, without losing traction, just make sure the sand is put on evenly, and i would reccomend using clean sand, somethign like playground sand, you can get at walmart or something, just dotn put on to much, and when i did it, I only put the sand on thebottom of the bed....

54warrior
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Herculiner = Two Thumbs DOWN from me.

Good luck with it. I put that stuff in my S-10 a few years back. I was extremely disappointed with it. I put 3 coats on even. It stayed on, no peeling or chipping whatsoever, but the stuff was porous (like a sponge). If you hauled any kind of dirt in the bed, the dirt would get stuck in the "pores" and instead of having a nice black rubber bed, it was riddled with dirt that was basically embedded into the stuff. No amount of scrubbing/pressure washing was successful in removing the dirt from the pores.