PDA

View Full Version : What brand gear?

kook
10-22-2002, 11:02 AM
What brand of gear are you guys wearing?

I'm still running around in jeans, sh@t kickers, and a sweatshirt. My main complaint is getting wet - any particular gear good at keeping you dry, or at least more comfortable when wet?

When the weather gets cold, what are you wearing to keep warm? How do you keep that water out?

10-22-2002, 11:05 AM
I love my fox gear but am looking to get some Shift gear. Both r very nice.

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-22-2002, 11:09 AM
Shift :D

Texan32
10-22-2002, 11:19 AM
I have had REALLY good luck with my Answer.

i personally HATE Fox. I have nothing against their actual gear. Its the company itself that i can't stand. They SOLD OUT! Go to the mall. Cruise by Gadzook's (or othr stores like it). You will see Fox postered all over the place. I understand money means something, but Fox used to be about racing. Now, their just about making money any way they can. Tell me this. How many times have you seen a fox sticker on someone's car. Ever ask them if they ride/race, or even own a machine? Fox has turned into a poser making factory.

Don't get me wrong, Fox gear may be the next best thing to pumpkin pie, but for the reason i just listed, I WILL NOT use anything Fox.

No flamesintended against anyone who uses Fox gear here.

BornOnFire
10-22-2002, 11:25 AM
THOR....Phase 4.0

MILF_HUNTER
10-22-2002, 11:28 AM
i agree with texan 100% even though i wear shift which is a house product of fox. fox sold out. Like he said you see lots of people with fox stickers and what not. they make great gear but too many posers wear there street clothes and represent them with their stickers.
i also wear LBZ stuff

Texan32
10-22-2002, 11:43 AM
Yeah, i see the sticker ALL the time. I work at Tire's Plus after i leave the AF Base. Everytime i see a kid with a fox sticker on their car i ask them "so, what do you ride?" Ive done this 4 or 5 times now. NOT ONE of them had a machine to ride. It took everythin in me to keep from laughing and calling them a fruit cake to their face. And, i can see the expression on their face as they walk away...embarasment. And they deserve it!:devil

Johnny_G
10-22-2002, 11:48 AM
I love My MSR, and the make a variety of wet wether gear!!!

check them out at msracing.com

DGR Designs
10-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Texan32
I have had REALLY good luck with my Answer.

i personally HATE Fox. I have nothing against their actual gear. Its the company itself that i can't stand. They SOLD OUT! Go to the mall. Cruise by Gadzook's (or othr stores like it). You will see Fox postered all over the place. I understand money means something, but Fox used to be about racing. Now, their just about making money any way they can. Tell me this. How many times have you seen a fox sticker on someone's car. Ever ask them if they ride/race, or even own a machine? Fox has turned into a poser making factory.

Don't get me wrong, Fox gear may be the next best thing to pumpkin pie, but for the reason i just listed, I WILL NOT use anything Fox.

No flamesintended against anyone who uses Fox gear here.

I aggree with you. Fox is selling an IMAGE. i have ONE little fox sticker on my bike. but i know of a TON of people who just were fox apparell and they are mostly in it for the look. They don't own a quad or bike, don't race, don't know anybody who races or better yet would rather have nothing to do with it. sure it looks good but i am not going to walk around as a billboard for fox. i have a fox racing hat, 1 sticker and a nice sweater that i had the Nacs racing emblem embossed onto my sleeve or what ever its called. ~Dave

optikid123
10-22-2002, 01:01 PM
i wear fox but also agree they sold out i mean they make boardshorts that look like my riding pants its real stupid and kids at my school wear them i dont even bother to ask i know they dont ride

Tommy 17
10-22-2002, 01:04 PM
i have fox gear right now... the quality has gone down over the years and it seems that everyone with the newest styles of gear is always rippin them... my glooved lasted one ride:o

i will be ordering thor next time... it looks the best and is the longest lasting i think...

10-22-2002, 01:08 PM
work boots, blue jeans and a metallica T-shirt is the best I think..:blah

Doibugu2
10-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Rico
work boots, blue jeans and a metallica T-shirt is the best I think..:blah

and a beer!

YamaWarr0121
10-22-2002, 01:21 PM
thor core 5 gear

great stuff
and alpinestar tech 8 boots nothing less!

motochris
10-22-2002, 01:40 PM
SMP all the way!!! I just get tired of seeing the same crap over and over... and seeing everyone with the same stuff......

flyin#5
10-22-2002, 03:16 PM
i wear alot of fox stuff and right now am wearing a fox sweatshirt. i like fox but way too many posers. all the girls in my grade go on shopping sprees at bobscycle. they all have fox stuff. I have a fox jersey axo pants and gearne boots. I will not be buying anything but axo from now on. i think its great because no one really wears anything axo. people know that you acctually ride and that your not just some dumb@ss poser kid.

EvilJester400EX
10-22-2002, 03:18 PM
shift, or answer. i also like O'Neal

QuadJunkies
10-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey... Do any of you have some pics of you in your gear?? I want to see Shift the most, but would like to see all gear too:):)

flyin#5
10-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Hey... Do any of you have some pics of you in your gear?? I want to see Shift the most, but would like to see all gear too:):)

dont do it guys its a trap to get pics of all us.:eek:

QuadJunkies
10-22-2002, 03:46 PM
naw... why would you say that Im trying tyo Trick you all??Im just wanting to see differerent kinds of gear,I was considering the Shift gear for a gift this year for Christmas, thats all..:(

flyin#5
10-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
naw... why would you say that Im trying tyo Trick you all??Im just wanting to see differerent kinds of gear,I was considering the Shift gear for a gift this year for Christmas, thats all..:(

"lets turn that frown upside down"-

QuadJunkies
10-22-2002, 04:10 PM
;) :) ...ok. Ill show you mine if you show me yours..this is the only pic i think i have in my fear that you can tell what im wearing..the only complaint i have is,the pants have a spot on the inside that tends to rub my leg sore,but these were alot thicker than most of the others i saw.. Gear that is...I really like some of the baggier pants, but do they tend to "creep up" while riding?

QuadJunkies
10-22-2002, 04:11 PM
oops, sorry no boots in that pic(i look lie a dork w/o them in this pic..he,he) I wear Thor.

loganB
10-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Orenge Moose:)

MILF_HUNTER
10-22-2002, 04:38 PM
my baggies dont ride up at all. there's tones of quality baggy pants out there now. no fear, shift, and LBZ all make quality baggy pants. LBZ's are pretty flashy though.

QuadJunkies
10-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Are the Baggies pretty expensive??

MILF_HUNTER
10-22-2002, 04:49 PM
no more expensive then race pants some times less. shifts new squadrons cost $139.00 and there jets cost $149.00, there recon's cost $99.00 and they would be a great free riding pant
check em out at www.shiftmx.com
Also check out www.lbz.com i have the freeride pants and flame jersey. its a great combo and a decent price too. $109.00 for the pants and $35.95 for the flame jersey. this combo has been around forever so its there older stuff.
no fears are new to the market so i think they are the same or more then the shift squadrons
in preference though i love my squadrons. there dang good

Sparks425Ex
10-22-2002, 04:51 PM
I am partical to the Shift, No Fear Gear. I had No Fear stuff but I ripped in a crash I had to get some Cheap Thor stuff to last until i get somemore No Fear or Shift.

The Baggy Shift I think look wicked sweet.

Boots i had Alpinstar Vectors in Red, Black and Silver but i out grew them so i now have Some Alpinestar M6 for no until next year. I will from now on only buy Alpinestar Vectors of the Expensive line of AXO. I can't rememebr what theya re called but theya re so comforatble.

MILF_HUNTER
10-22-2002, 04:52 PM
yea boots are definatly a big issue its important to have comfy ones
i my self prefere my alpinstars tech 6's. im gonna get 8's next though

own2424
10-22-2002, 04:56 PM
MOose...NO Fear...FOX...Alpinestart BOOTS!

Ride400
10-22-2002, 04:58 PM
i got answer gear, i like it, it looks good and work well. its really durable too and not very expensive.

Atreyu
10-22-2002, 05:01 PM
THOR PHASE 4.0

AtvMxRider
10-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Thor core 4,Fox boots,Bell helmet

OutlawEX
10-23-2002, 11:49 AM
I am using thor as of now,but im switching to the No fear shorts because it gets hot with the thor nut hugger type

trueblue450
10-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Get Answer Bermbanger Pro jersey and pants.. They are baggy and good free ride gear if you don't race. But i wear what i got...

DGR Designs
10-23-2002, 12:06 PM
core 4 pants with phase 3 jersey and alpinestar or T-20 boots

QuadTrix6
10-23-2002, 12:11 PM
MSR Rage, Fox, thor helmet and thor boots...i agree fox sold out but i like there gear they make nice cold weather gloves and gloves for mud

kentuckycat
10-23-2002, 12:30 PM
AXO gear, Thor helmet.

UglyMotha™
10-23-2002, 12:52 PM
MSR rage helmet, core 5 jersey, axo over the boot pants, msr system x boots and fox gloves

i like variety:D

CBRSLIDER
10-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Thor Phase 3 or AC2 pants, AC2 jerseys, Core 4 gloves, Thor Helmet, and AXO boots. The AC2 stuff is really nice for hot weather racing. I also have Fox gear, but the quality doesn't seem to be the same compared to their old stuff. In fact I have a pair of Fox 360's in size 34, brand new w/ tags for sale. Anyone?

Also use AXO and Moose which have both been good brands.

Ray