PDA

View Full Version : pulling hard right HELP

Mercedes
07-03-2007, 10:40 AM
My quad pulls hard right on 4 wheels or on 2 wheel (wheely). I know it must be something in the back end if it happens on a wheely as well as all fours. Tire pressure is fine. How do I mesure to know if axel is bent??

300exOH
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Check your axle bearings and swingarm bearings first. If they are too worn they will allow the rear to move. Lift the quad by it's frame and move the rear axle and swingarm by hand to make sure there isn't any play.

300exOH
07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Also check to make sure your hubs aren't loose or worn.

Mercedes
07-03-2007, 11:32 AM
ill check that thanks for the quick reply i need all the help i could get.

CarGuy7a
07-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Mercedes
My quad pulls hard right on 4 wheels or on 2 wheel (wheely). I know it must be something in the back end if it happens on a wheely as well as all fours. Tire pressure is fine. How do I mesure to know if axel is bent??

if the axle was bent you would know it. it would be wobbling like a mother and rattle your teeth out.

GOTFEAR
07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Put the same air pressure in both tires lift the back of your bike up messure around the tirs and see if their the same or switch yor tires around and see what happens.

07250ex
07-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
Put the same air pressure in both tires lift the back of your bike up messure around the tirs and see if their the same or switch yor tires around and see what happens.

exactly check your air pressure

bigmikey119
07-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Like he said ^^^^ I bet its your hubs!

racenaked_400ex
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
common sense tells me if the rear axle or swingarm bearings were gone it would pull to the left not right. your chain is on the left side so wouldnt it pull the rear end to the left? im gonna say its your hubs.

Mercedes
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Well I dont know what a finished hub looks like, but when I took off my rim and took a look at it, all seams to be OK. Its not wobbly and not bent out of shape. Is there anything in particular I should look for? It feels tight so I just dont know.

400exMO
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
jack your rear swingarm in the air and start the bike and let it idle in first. Watch your axle, see if it wobbles.

JOEX
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
ATV tires may vary in actual size so equalizing the air pressure may not eliminate them as the problem.

Switching the tires and wheels to the opposite sides may help narrow down the problem. If the pulling changes sides then it's either the tire or the rim. You can use this same method with the hubs.

Mercedes
07-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Well it was the tires as JOEX said. They are Kenda Knarley and both are not the same. Even if the size on the tire is the same there is a small dirrerance in shape(believe it or not). The ones that were on my bike when I got it were in like new condition when I got a flat tire,so I only changed 1,thinking that it would be the same.

So now i know,and like they say;"Knowing is half the battle".

Thanks everyone for all your help,much appreciated.

300exOH
07-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Mercedes
Well it was the tires as JOEX said. They are Kenda Knarley and both are not the same. Even if the size on the tire is the same there is a small dirrerance in shape(believe it or not). The ones that were on my bike when I got it were in like new condition when I got a flat tire,so I only changed 1,thinking that it would be the same.

So now i know,and like they say;"Knowing is half the battle".

Thanks everyone for all your help,much appreciated.

Good to hear you figured it out. It's actually very common to have 2 tires that are different. I went through 2 or 3 holeshot tires on my wifes old quad before I found 2 that matched. One had a slightly rounded profile and the others were actually concave in the center(with the same air pressure). I actually had to put 5 psi in one and 12 psi in the other just to balance them out. I am told that it had to do with how the distributors stack the tires on top of each other. The ones on the bottom end up squished and malformed from the weight. I must've got lucky when I bought my knarlys. Both are the same size and shape.