PDA

View Full Version : Burgard??????

300ex_#387
07-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Anyone know if they are on vacation this week or something? I ordered a steering stem 2 weeks ago and was told it would ship out that day. I've called 4 times and once I got a guy who I couldnt understand when he was talking and havent gotten an answer the other 3 times. I asked the guy for a tracking numbe of if he could tell me when I would be receiving it, and he just told me he would call back. Anyone ever have problems with Burgard?

wvspeedfreak
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Burgard makes nice stuff,however his customer service skills aren't the best :ermm: I spent half as much on long distance calls as my swingarm cost several years ago just trying to get him to ship it to me.

300ex_#387
07-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Well I got a hold of him finally, and he told me it would show up today, but it's not looking like its going to.

Scottt89
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I live close enough that I can go and pick something up, but yes, it is hard getting in touch with him.

jrm03
07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Had the same problem with my stem chief. Burgard products are nice, he and his whole staff suck at delivering anything in a reasonable manner. Never again. Good luck though. You will get it l

05Z400rdr
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I was just there today after work to pick something up. He was there. Like other's have said, he has great parts, but not-so-great costumer service. Luckily enough whenever i need anything from them i jus drive there...i live 15 minutes away from his house/shop..

Landon

jimmy450
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
This is too Know one intended..... but to those who know what i'm talk'n about...

I know what goes on @ burgards..... he tries to do what he can... he is by all means swamped!!!!!!!!He makes more stuff than you think... But his time does get spent foolish when he has to try and find his MONEY/PRODUCT...because some bozo gave wrong address....zip... house number or does not pay .... just the games that you play to get ahead in life..... stop this guy works from 5am to 10 everynight and sometimes later..... and yes he also has his flaws like us all...i to be honest never heard someones phone RING so MUCH...... UNREAL 5 peoples job at that it's self!!!!! He sells to public to help the industry grow by offering good parts for rock bottom prices that NO ONE can come close too...other than cost!!!!!!!! I myself try to help or do what i can to make things smoother but i work full time also and my life aswell....

Not dissagree'n with you all... but just keep that in your mind.... all i ask!!!!!!! Thank you

400exrider707
07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I dont see his products being any cheaper really than any one elses. His less expensive stuff is less expensive for a reason, its generally not a top quality product. His standard a-arms are only around $400 yes, but they are not nearly as nice as his std a-arms with the upgraded ball joints, which if I remember correctly are pretty much the exact same price as every other top name company on the market. His steering stems might be slightly cheaper but they also dont come with a clamp for the "cheap" price. Dont get me wrong I do run some Burgard products like the bearing carrier, but even after I bought two of those, the difference between the two was quite amazing, looks like someone was just trying to hammer them out quickly no matter what they looked like. Burgard products are exactly what they have been for the last "X" amount of years a lesser product at a lesser price. Not saying its a bad thing but thats my opinion on it. His customer service however is terrible.

Aceman
07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Add one more thread about Burgard's poor customer service to the already long list on this site. My question is and I've never dealt with him before, "why doesn't he hire a receptionist?" I know a receptionist probably won't know chit about the atv products he's selling but at least he/she could take care of answering the phones/taking messages and then relaying it to him. Seems like all you'd need to do is pay some high schooler minimum wage just to sit there and pick up the phone. You could even have them help clean the shop, inventory parts, ship orders, etc to help make it more cost effective. I don't know, maybe he'd rather sacrifice customer service than pay someone to answer the phone?? Seems like a cheap price to pay to keep the customers you have left happy.:ermm:

300ex_#387
07-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I do believe that this stem does come with a clamp. I never did receive it yesterday, but that is prolly because I live far out in the country and they usually turn shipments over to the post office to deliver. I knew before I ordered the stem that the customer service wasn't that great, I was just wondering if there was a reason I could not get a hold of them for a couple of days.

quad2xtreme
07-04-2007, 12:23 PM
The trick to buying Burgard stuff is getting it through Hellbound Racing. I don't think Hellbound puts anything on ebay until they have it in hand. I've never had a delay getting 3 stems this way through Hellbound.

You do get the chromoly nickel plated stem and the antivibe clamp for $200 buy it now. It is very well reinforced at the bottom of the stem too where the tie-rods connect to the steering stem.

I just got a new ATV Four Play stem in for my 450r after breaking my Rath steering stem (pulled the tie-rod end right through the metal plate at the bottom of the stem). Guess it was just a bad piece of steel as I didn't even wreck for the whole year I had the stem. The ATV Four Play is much beefier at the bottom.

/Jon

Chino
07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Burgard's customer service blows hands down. When I can't talk to someone within one week about something I have ordered or want to order I will never deal with them again or use their parts on any future bike...

400exrider707
07-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
The trick to buying Burgard stuff is getting it through Hellbound Racing.
/Jon

You know I never thought of that but thats the way to do it, thats where I got my carrier from, showed up next day!

07-05-2007, 07:14 AM
the biggest thing i know about burgard is this...he's not like lonestar or laeger where he makes about 6000 of a product and has it sitting on shelfs in a warehouse. he has a building about the size of a 4 car garage, and pretty much stuff is made to order. and he is out in the sticks of southern pa. so if he doesn't answer his phone he's out picking up supplies or in the shop making your order...i've been there so i know what i'm talking about....i've heard of problems on here, but i've never seen them personally...

shanna
07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
If you look under trader feed back, I too started a tread about this. This is my opinion. If your customer service stinks, then so does your product.

My family has a business that my mother runs by HERSELF. She runs herself into the ground. She is up at the crack of dawn to care for 30+ horses (part of the family business, and yes all of them have a stall and they all poop so that is added work, it is not just throw feed at them and forget them). She them starts on the other part of the business of washing and repairing horses blankets (this does not sound like much, but she processes thousands of blankets each summer).This is a service that provided to normal people, private schools, colleges, horse related stores, mounted police, small account to very large accounts. Each blanket needs to be picked up, IDed, washed, repaired, water sealed, repacked, billed and then delivered, it very complicated and hectic. But something that my mother puts first is her CUSTOMER SERVICE. She could expand her business but then she would have to hire someone or cut corners (this is not an option). Some nights she is still up after midnight cleaning the house.

Sorry for the tangent, but that being said, I do not care how busy a company is, a company must have satisfactory customer service. If not it makes your product/ company look bad. Customer service is just as important as make another product. On the other hand, someone that has product that is ok but has excellent customer service is more appealing to me.

300ex_#387
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Still no stem today....I better atleast get some stickers...:grr: