PDA

View Full Version : " Quadtard "......!!...???

Outlaw 50
07-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Well......I was called a "quadtard" on another board today.:grr:

It got me to thinking, why would someone dislike quad riders enough to invent a negative word to describe them?:confused:

What is it that we do to get so much "love"??.... :devil:

Maybe we need to take a real close look at some of the things that we do as a group and individuals to rate the invention of a new word.

Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

coolguy8769
07-03-2007, 06:16 AM
thumpertalk?

07-03-2007, 06:26 AM
i am going to say ktm talk...i was banned from there about a year ago because i gave them some of their own medicine in a thread where they came up with cute, insulting names for us. i also posted some video of dirtbike riders doing the very things they claimed every "quadtard" did.

ktmtalk (http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=172561&st=0)

Outlaw 50
07-03-2007, 07:42 AM
The name of the site isn't really the important point in my opinion. The point is why would someone have such an opinion?

In almost 40 years of offroading in everything from a converted lawn tractor, minibike,dirtbike, dune buggy, 4 wheel drive trucks and jeeps to most recently the "QUAD" I have never thought to put down any one group of riders.

I have had the occasional run with certain INDIVIDUALS who do not know how to behave in public but to lump that kind of stuff into one particular group is kinda weird.

I think that we haven't even begun to see how really popular riding and racing quads is. I have talked to many owners of dealerships and a lot of them say that without quad sales they would go out of business.

Our obsession with buying these things and modifying them for more power,better suspension, and ergonomics is not only keeping them in business but helping them grow their business.

We ought to get an atta boy for our contribution to the economic growth we cause.

Also our support of the so called "bike" dealerships keeps them around so that the bikers can keep doing their thing.

vett_09
07-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
i am going to say ktm talk...i was banned from there about a year ago because i gave them some of their own medicine in a thread where they came up with cute, insulting names for us. i also posted some video of dirtbike riders doing the very things they claimed every "quadtard" did.

Wow... Talk about thinking you're better than everyone else. Personally, I've never had a problem with bikers. I've owned and ridden both quads and bikes, and the group I ride with is an assortment of both. Although I'm sure many bikers think the way these guys do, I have to wonder if they're even worse being KTM owners. The typical KTM owner thinks they're better than everyone anyway, bikers included, so this kind of doesn't surprise me. I'm not trying to be as stereotypical as they are, but a lot of people I know, and have ridden with, who own KTM's think it's the greatest thing ever, and therefore, they're superior in every way.

There's ignorance all around, but that doesn't make me hate bike riders and look for scientific reasons (soil erosion) to ban them from riding areas just because of a few jack*****es.

OK, I'm done with my rant now.

07-03-2007, 08:49 AM
i tried registering on there to help back the only quad guy up, but you cant use a hotmail account for some reason. Most dirtbikers around here act like they like quads until ya start talking to them about yours. Then all of the sudden they dont really care haha. There are one or two that just plain hate quads, saying they are slow and dangerous. The main guys around here like that race in the d class and wrecked at least 3 times last series haha. I cant believe even the admins on that website dis quads, thats so stupid

07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
and they say that more quad riders are seen without helmets.....no crap! There are way more quads than there are dirtbikes. If the numbers were the same, then i bet you that just as many dirtbikers wouldnt wear helmets as well

Ruby Soho
07-03-2007, 08:53 AM
their the "tards" for taking their time to come up with such a dumb list of made up names. let them talk **** all they want. there not better they just seem to think so

Eviltanker
07-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Speedy, I gotta rule in your favor. I think you owned them. It really sticks in my craw when idiots want to start some mess and can't back up their accusations. I like KTM's but, if I gotta act like that to own one!? I would rather have my 3 year old hit me in the face with a hammer before I be all high faluten sho' nuff beter than you with my attitude.

416exfreak
07-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Silly Dirtbikers...

Everyone knows quad riders are more Hardcore!!!!!!!:D :p :blah: :devil:

Ghost-Rider
07-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Yea,their sure one to talk.I live on a private road and we get bikers up and down it with no helmets tearing it up on purpose....Been waiting for em to come back so i can hop in the truck and chase them.

trailwart
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
ive seen this statement and threads of the so called quad tards on many forums.. my take on it is that the dortbikers feel the quads cause more damage to trails, tracks in general.. there are alot of bikers that have problems with the big ute quads on the trails going slow as hell out for that sunday ride, and never move over for the faster traffic. they feel that we are intruding on there turf, since the 3-4 wheeler is less than 30 years old and the bikes have been around for 50+ years. just remember it all started with the bike and the minds of people wont change. the quadtard thing comes from the quad riders that dont have proper trail and track manners. another complaint ive heard is that the quads haul more trash with them and cause more damage. example is a ute with racks carring a cooler full of sodas and snacks, leaving the trash behind. how many bikes you see with a 30qt cooler on the rear fender?? im not taking any sides here. i started out on bikes and have been converted to quads and i have seen alot of the bikers issues first hand, still see it today. there is nothing me or you can do to change everybodys mind, but you may be able to change 1 person by picking up there trash after they throw a candy raper on the ground or when that log is over the trail stop on the side, wait for that biker to come down and let him see you drag that tree off the trail. when that bike comes flying up on ya, move over and let them by. dont get mad at there comments, or in a pissing match, that wont work. your actions may change a persons mind thou

400EXtreme
07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I dont know who you people talk to or who the people you ride with. But its obviously the wrong people. I have never met anyone who has bashed quads or dirtbikes. Everyone i ride with is just happy to ride. Even if its a little 50 or an old bike.

trailwart
07-03-2007, 11:00 AM
you could go to many forums and type in quadtard and there are ussually many threads. i feel ya, people should be happy to have a machine and the health to ride.

ZeroLogic
07-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Quadtard is a stereotype. It basically stereolizes that all quad riders are beer drinking don't give a damn hillbillies. I call my brother a quadtard or anyone that I am riding with a quadtard because they do not think when they are riding with other dirt bike riders. Hence get us stuck or have us dump out bike. It happens a lot. :ermm:

Quad riders also are hated by dirt bike riders because they knock down our ruts and destroy our tracks.:ermm: :grr:

07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Quad riders also are hated by dirt bike riders because they knock down our ruts and destroy our tracks.:ermm: :grr:

no, we dont knock down yalls ruts and destroy the tracks......we fix them.

:rolleyes:

jrspawn
07-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Quadtard is a stereotype. It basically stereolizes that all quad riders are beer drinking don't give a damn hillbillies. I call my brother a quadtard or anyone that I am riding with a quadtard because they do not think when they are riding with other dirt bike riders. Hence get us stuck or have us dump out bike. It happens a lot. :ermm:

That last statement is what makes me laugh. 100% of the time when we all hear that one its from the slow bike racers. If you have to have a rut to ride, thats a joke. If you cant handle any terrain, you shouldnt be complaining, take more time to practice and get a little better.

Thank you
Justin

Ron89
07-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Gotta love the 13 year old smack talkers across the internet. What's sad is z400rider08's joke is actually right. The dirtbikes in my area have raped the trails and just about everything. The one rut is so deep you grind your foot pegs in the dirt surrounding it and your tires are suspended in mid air. When the quads come through, The ruts arent as sharp and deep. All of my buddies are actually happy when all the ruts are flattened down a little. It can get a little hard to ride. Then the good ole rm 250 comes through and ruins them all again!

450rJam
07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
to each their own..................

most times when someone tries to make fun of another its because they are intemidated by them.

I ride both and they can call me what they want but can they keep up with me ?

I cant hear the names they are calling me from behind

07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
the only time i can agree with the term quadtard are people that intentionaly buy racing quads to put them threw the mud. buy a 4x4 for that.

05Z400rdr
07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
their the "tards" for taking their time to come up with such a dumb list of made up names. let them talk **** all they want. there not better they just seem to think so

exactly, i agree. who really cares anyway...if it hurts that much, go cry about it. just gotta learn how to ignore stupid stuff like that, cuz if u's get that worked up over it, it is really gonna get old quick..

firefighterjosh
07-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm a quadtard and proud of it!:D

Honda TRX250ex
07-03-2007, 08:59 PM
who cares comparing quads and dirtbikes is like comparing apples to oranges!:rolleyes:

07-03-2007, 09:09 PM

OK Mr. Big Bad dirtbiker. Get off an ATV website? Sure you used to own a quad, but not anymore. Destroy YOUR tracks? What makes them yours? Do you own the land. Didn't think so. Wait, what are you talking about. According to you, you've never been to a track! So how do you know that quads ruin your track? Word of mouth? Oh god we don't make ruts. Why do you need ruts, cant keep balance?

firefighterjosh
07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
OK Mr. Big Bad dirtbiker. Get off an ATV website? Sure you used to own a quad, but not anymore. Destroy YOUR tracks? What makes them yours? Do you own the land. Didn't think so. Wait, what are you talking about. According to you, you've never been to a track! So how do you know that quads ruin your track? Word of mouth? Oh god we don't make ruts. Why do you need ruts, cant keep balance?

The only dirt bike riders taht complain are the ones that can't ride.

I race GPs The quads go first because they start the foundation of the track, then the bikes go then another round of quads goes to again flatten the track and make another staring points for the bikes.

Itsn't it werid that Dirt bike riders compain because Quads take away ruts but I and no one else ever complains when your quads gets completly sidways off a jump because of a 6inch wide rut that makes you about wreck?:rolleyes:

CRich[814]
07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
:D

ZeroLogic
07-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Keep on the comments, its a never ending battle between quad riders and dirt bike riders. I say one damn thing and I got a bunch of people's panties up in a bunch and words put in my mouth. :rolleyes: :o

Honda TRX250ex
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
you guys need to shut the hell up were not in second grade!!! holy crap
by aruging like little babies it shows everyone that atv riders are immture and act like five year olds. just let it go who cares!!!

firefighterjosh
07-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Keep on the comments, its a never ending battle between quad riders and dirt bike riders. I say one damn thing and I got a bunch of people's panties up in a bunch and words put in my mouth. :rolleyes: :o

Good deal case closed:)

I am still proud to be a quadtard:D

Hey its my new race team

Quadtard Racing....."We try go go fast!"

quad2xtreme
07-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I'm a quadtard and proud of it!:D

I like couch racer too!!!

/Jon

krt400ex
07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad

them mother fluckers

i have never had a problem with guys that ride bikes. got quite a few friends that do. i dont understand why they would think they are so much better than us. i bet alot of quad riders could whoop their @$$es through the trails or around the track. respect gets respect... i wish ppl would learn that

BlasterEaten250
07-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Jeeze, there's idiots in all sports. Some people need to realize that. And if you don't like it, you can try to actually do something about it. Go out and yell at the people that are tearing up trails etc. (regardless of what they are riding), maybe they might even stop. Don't come and whine about it on internet forums.

Blue250X
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Good deal case closed:)

I am still proud to be a quadtard:D

Hey its my new race team

Quadtard Racing....."We try go go fast!"

Quadtard Racing... "Sorry about the lack of ruts"