PDA

View Full Version : Laeger +2 A-arm and ball joint qs.

beobe99
07-03-2007, 04:21 AM
Ok, so I have me a new project. Was sitting here and thought Id go out there and tinker around. I noticed that the steering was tight. checked the stem and it wasn't it, disconnected the tie rods and it was very loose.. Checked the tie rod ball joints and they moved freely.

Ok so its something to do with the knuckles/ball joints. As im getting ready to replace the ball joints (I have new ones and was planning on doing it anyway) I noticed the top ball joint's were allllll the way out to keep the camber correct (the inner nut closer to the shock just barly has it's last thread on the stud).. this makes it to where alot of the ball joints threads are showing between the tip of the a-arm and the knuckle.. theres prob about an inch of thread showing between the a-arm tip and the ball part of the balljoint.

Is that normal? probualy not. but is it normal for the Laeger a-arms..

Anyone have Laeger +2 arms?

atvmxr
07-03-2007, 08:02 AM
that probably normal. the lager a arms are set up so you can run alot of camber like Gary Denton for MX use. I've actually shaved my Lagers down a bit to get even more camber.....

RichM1983
07-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I have set of and they do the exact same thing. One side is exactly like you describe and the camber is just about right, the other side however is leaned in towards the shock to much but I have no more threads left. I guess I will just move the other side to match.

On a side note. Mine are actually supposed to be +3's. Do they make +3's? The bottom a-arm is 3 inches wider than the stock one but I'm not sure thats how its supposed to be measured.