PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Favorite Paddle Tire

Big - D Racing
10-22-2002, 10:09 AM
What your favorite paddle tire? I currently run Sand Skate II, think I'm also going to get a set of Haulers.

New-400ex_guy
10-22-2002, 11:33 AM
haulers or extreme haulers hand down :D

Porkchop
10-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Kenda Gecko's are the best :D

Dune Surfer
10-22-2002, 05:48 PM
I am running Sand Skates 2's. I like them.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2002, 12:16 AM
I run Turbo Paddles..they hook up nice and they have a good center reinforcment for long wear...They are made by King tires.:)

10-23-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I run Turbo Paddles..they hook up nice and they have a good center reinforcment for long wear...They are made by King tires.:)

Yeah & priced right....nice for the money

JabberJaw
10-23-2002, 08:09 AM
Turbo paddles RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chef
10-23-2002, 10:11 AM
Extreme Haulers for a High HP application...\/

Chef
10-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Or regular haulers...\/ these are 10 paddle

New-400ex_guy
10-23-2002, 11:39 AM

how much do the turbo paddles run. are they really heavy? where can you buy em at.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by New-400ex_guy

how much do the turbo paddles run. are they really heavy? where can you buy em at. You can go to your localdealer and have them orderthem for you, they are hard to find on yoyrown, but the dealer can order, the warehouse is here in Idaho ..and they have a few others too in a few other states, ill have to get back on the warehouse name, cuase my mind is a blank..:confused: ...Jaberjaw~~ did you order yours out of Idaho too?? They will run you around 56.95 ea. and come in two sizes.

10-23-2002, 12:14 PM
You can go to your localdealer and have them orderthem for you, they are hard to find on yoyrown, but the dealer can order, the warehouse is here in Idaho ..and they have a few others too in a few other states, ill have to get back on the warehouse name, cuase my mind is a blank..:confused: ...Jaberjaw~~ did you order yours out of Idaho too?? They will run you around 56.95 ea. and come in two sizes.

"Magic Racing " did stock em awhile ago ...

10-23-2002, 04:01 PM
was rereadin...
they are fairly light compared to some out there.....& if ya like you can have them mounted on 125's..for saving weight ..this is a decision for each rider ..to make ...125's,160's ,190's..are the some of
the choices ...

New-400ex_guy
10-23-2002, 04:30 PM
i didnt see any at magic racing website. :mad:

QuadJunkies
10-23-2002, 10:27 PM

how much do the turbo paddles run. are they really heavy? where can you buy em at. The place I got mine wer through"Western Power Sports" in Boise Idaho.But a dealre has to order them for you. They worked really well for us at St. Anthoyns, they shop there in Rexberg is the people that told us about these tires.they run them alot up there. Hope this helps you..:)

10-24-2002, 07:33 AM

try calling...
by the way mine are sale...only 5 hours on them ,,I dont ride sand enough..

own2424
10-24-2002, 04:06 PM
Could this be the MAGIC RACING website?http://chocomp3.free.fr/Publier/

Desert Rat
10-24-2002, 05:00 PM
If you can afford a set of Haulers and keep your Sand Skate II's that is the way to go. Haulers hook up the best for big hills and sand dragging, but it is a lot of fun carving through the dunes, flipping donuts, riding down winding sand trails, etc. with the Sand Skates. Your front end will push when turning with the Haulers unless you use a lot of body english. I think both are great paddles depending on what you want. Try Rocky Mountain ATV for a good price.

Porkchop
10-24-2002, 06:00 PM
go with gecko's!! they work awesome :macho

10-24-2002, 08:24 PM
turbo 8's

10-24-2002, 08:31 PM

send me youre email address..new 400ex- guy....2R's

roostin_dale
10-25-2002, 09:35 PM
I prefer the sand sharks.

own2424
10-25-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by quad_freak14
I prefer the sand sharks. i got sand sharks, they alright! I heard GECKOs were great...Extreme Haulers throw a monster roost as well as Geckos!:D

roostin_dale
10-26-2002, 03:41 PM
when i bought mine the guy said he wouldn't reckomend the GECKO's to his worst enimy.....he hated them

airheadedduner
10-27-2002, 07:07 PM
I like haulers the best. I don't buy that they don't turn as well as skates. I have rode both a lot and skates hook up much harder coming out of corners and to me seem to push more then haulers.

Everyone that I talked to that had Geckos didn't like them either.
I talked to some people taht had the new maxxis sand tires and they said they are awesome. Especially the fronts.

own2424
10-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner

Everyone that I talked to that had Geckos didn't like them either.
I talked to some people taht had the new maxxis sand tires and they said they are awesome. Especially the fronts.
Maxxis ROOSTERS!!!! They look soo sweet!! :cool:

Desert Rat
10-30-2002, 10:09 AM
V paddles, like Sand Skate II's and Scat Track edges, were designed to minimize the front end pushing when you turn in the sand under power. The V paddles bring the rear end around much easier to improve your turning. Go out and try to flip some donuts with hauler and skates while sitting straight up on your quad. Big difference. That is on of the same reasons they put turning brakes on dune buggies. All paddles push the front end when turning under power, but the V paddles bring the back end around much easier than straight paddles. Have you ever seen a competitive sand dragger use V paddles? Number of paddles, width and height also play a part. Lots of choices, but all paddles tires make a big difference in the sand if your quad can turn them.

airheadedduner
10-30-2002, 03:12 PM
I still think the skates push more. On my dads shee if I crank the bars and hit the throttle it snaps around. On my buddies shee with skates if you do that it snaps around(not as quick) and stands up. Maybe its a tire preasure diff. But this is JMO. You may ride different then me, that makes all the difference.

AndrewRRR
11-13-2002, 01:57 AM
Haulers rule for going straight. Any tire that hooks up well is going to make you push in turns, its simple physics. Shifting your weight forward or backwards can help in the turns. I have to get up near the tank on trails with my R since it has 10 paddle haulers and a +4 swingarm.
If you have the HP (i'm talking a LOT of horsepower) run taller haulers.
If you want to turn a lot and ride trails, sacrificing some straight line hook up get angled paddles like Sand Skate II, Edge, etc.

ChadEXer
11-13-2002, 09:56 AM
Haulers all the way!!!

ChadEXer
11-13-2002, 09:57 AM
Haulers all the way!!! They are just as easy to turn as the other tires in my opinion,,,not only that in the dunes, well the ones Ive rode in, there isnt really a lot of trails!!!

QuadTrix6
11-13-2002, 07:14 PM
Paddle master are sicko :blah

sandslinger101
11-13-2002, 07:35 PM
desert rat i thing you are right on, on your opinion on sand tires. i have been duning since the late 80s on atv and sandrails, currently got em both. granted my 400ex dosent have a 500 plus cc engine but most do not on this forum. i think a sand tire buyer has to be carful to not get too much paddle because the sand really eats up the hp. sand skates all the way:D

RytM1
11-14-2002, 05:52 PM
I say the Gecko's (but then again, I haven't ridden on anything else, and have nothing to compare them to).

11-14-2002, 06:56 PM
the turbos do well.....'coarse i do not sand to much..

WyoDuner
11-15-2002, 11:07 AM
Sorry Gecko owners... I think these are some of the worst paddles I have seen ever. They are ok for the flats but won't climb a hill for nothing.

Haulers are the king of straight paddles, extremes are tougher. These make an awesome roost.

The Cheapie straight molded paddles like Cheng Shin or Kenda are great for low budget and durability. Molded paddles last forever and are tough to break. These hook up pretty well too.

Don't know much about V paddles since I like to actually be able to go up hills instead of slide around on the kiddy hills and flats.

Just my $.02 worth.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
Sorry Gecko owners... I think these are some of the worst paddles I have seen ever. They are ok for the flats but won't climb a hill for nothing.

Haulers are the king of straight paddles, extremes are tougher. These make an awesome roost.

The Cheapie straight molded paddles like Cheng Shin or Kenda are great for low budget and durability. Molded paddles last forever and are tough to break. These hook up pretty well too.

Don't know much about V paddles since I like to actually be able to go up hills instead of slide around on the kiddy hills and flats.

Just my $.02 worth. I agree with you Wyo~~molded paddles last best in durability,we have a set of V padddles but they do suck for climbing,we use both but only use satright for climbing..:)

11-15-2002, 07:39 PM
i run 8 paddles sand devils on the 400ex. im gonna run 10 paddle hualers on the shee tho

ChEX
11-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by WyoDuner

I can climb just as well as anyone I know with my Geckos. That includes those with haulers and similar bikes.

Geckos not only look awesome and throw a big roost, but they hook. I can set myself on my @ss in soft sand wit my Geckos.