PDA

View Full Version : Overheating/Baldwin Carb help

JessetheKid
07-02-2007, 09:47 PM
I have 04 w/ baldwin porting, 11:1 Wiseco, Vortex Ignition w/ mod, 40mm FCR w/ adaptor, K&N, TC pipe, HRC cam, Fluyidine radiator.

I just installed a polaris predator over flow bottle, I ride 3 laps on a mx track and it is completely filled with coolant, and will not suck back up into my radiator at all. Coolant runs out of the overflow tube shortly after startup, it laso breaks up on decelleration, and the exhaust tip is completely white. I know that it is running lean but what do you guys jet these carbs at? I know i have a 180 main in it, and the guy I bought it off of has no thermostat in it, I am waiting on one to come in.

So what do you jet these carbs at, and do you have any idea why i am losing so much coolant.( I am hoping because of thermostat)

O by the way this is a complete race bike I bought off of a pro-am rider and it was taken well care of.

pro-rider46
07-03-2007, 07:59 AM
why did you change to a predator bottle

JessetheKid
07-03-2007, 04:06 PM
It didnt have one on it when i bout it, so i bought a preadator bottle and mounted it to the rad shroud...so i can look down and see it while i ride, it looks pretty trick 2.

Any ideas out there guys

TRX450RACER174
07-03-2007, 05:58 PM
1ST you should not have any coolant out of the overflow tube on start up, you should put the thermostat back in it and a new cap also, if you have coolant out of the over flow the cap is bad that will also cause you to overheat also.

JessetheKid
07-03-2007, 10:34 PM
It is shortly after start up that the coolant comes out the overflow. It is a new radiator so it is not the cap.

Could the headgasket be leaking and putting pressure into the waterjacket forcing water out of the overflow???

TRX450RACER174
07-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Don't fool yourself just cause the radiator is new does not mean the cap can't be bad, and yes the cyl head can also cause that but the only way to determine that is a leak down test on the cooling system, pressurize the system and see if it leaks down, something is causing it to do that the cap and the leak down test are the two easiest to do if you have the right tools.

JessetheKid
07-05-2007, 10:39 PM
well i compression checked the engine, and it didnt leak down, but it only had like 85-90psi, and i checked the cap and it was also good. Still waiting on the thermostat...hopefully that does the trick