PDA

View Full Version : Arena Cross

trueblue450
10-28-2001, 08:53 AM
Anyone going to any of these events this year. I think Iowa opens the season, at least they did last year. I'm goin Nov 3. It will be awsome. See a little Buddy Antionese *spelling*. Can't wait.

10-28-2001, 09:59 AM
That's a bike series, right ? If it was quads I'd go - has nybody ever seen the Quad Wars on MonsterJam ? Man, how corny

Nausty
10-28-2001, 10:53 AM
we have been going to arenacross every year. We watched the c class and the kids on the mini's last year. I can't beleive how come of those little kids on 50's can jump that huge double. Buddy antuanez is awsome he rides 125 and 250 class.

Tommy 17
10-28-2001, 11:36 AM
we have a race around here that set up like a arena cross track its really tight and no to big of jumps but u have to keep up ur speed or ur done.

those quad wars are like stupid i think. did u ever watch gncc on tv or atv tv its awsome.

Red Rooster
10-28-2001, 12:53 PM
Quad wars are very very stupid I think that they are staged just like WCW wrestling. what channel and when are the gncc races on id like to see them.(i have direct tv)

Nausty
10-28-2001, 01:03 PM
yeah those quad war things are staged one time I was watching one of those where they wanted to see which was better dirt bikes or quads so they had one of each race each other and the dirt biker was ahead the hole race tell he crashed. Then it was the last lap so the quad rider was like barely moving and looking behind him so they could cross at the same time and then say its a tie and neither is better. Plus the jumps suck and everything. It is staged.

trx400ex
10-28-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
yeah those quad war things are staged one time I was watching one of those where they wanted to see which was better dirt bikes or quads so they had one of each race each other and the dirt biker was ahead the hole race tell he crashed. Then it was the last lap so the quad rider was like barely moving and looking behind him so they could cross at the same time and then say its a tie and neither is better. Plus the jumps suck and everything. It is staged.

i saw that one a long time ago, can you say gaaayyy...the bike would have lapped the poor sap.

red rooster....i have direct tv, the gncc are on fox sports network, i dont get that channel though

Mity Mo
10-28-2001, 07:07 PM
Just for your info. The quad wars are staged. we have raced them a few times. Months in advance we know who wins and who doesnt. We get paid $100 to race. $300 to be captain and $500 to speak. Its alot of fun when you are doing it because believe it or not it is very hard to stage an accident or a crash. Just thought you might be interested in knowing how we do it.:macho

Moto92
10-28-2001, 11:20 PM
They ran the Quad Wars at the St.Louis Monster Jam last winter and they werent staged, although some of them do look that way. The one I saw was a real race with guys like Tim Farr, Jermiah Jones, and I think Dana Creech was one too. These guys hauled around that track clearing triples and everything. That was there the sweetest racing Ive ever seen. Tim Farr ended up winning the A main. Then to top it off I got to see Goldberg and Grave digger loose their wheels in freestyle, LOL!

Mity Mo
10-29-2001, 07:51 AM
That was not Quad Wars. We actually had to qualify and race for that positions. 83 of us showed up and only 20 of us raced in the final event. That was a 5 race series we had last year.

oynot400
10-29-2001, 08:20 AM
I remember a couple of years back at the quad wars in Des Moines, team Ia raced team Ill. I found out the next day that all the Ill. riders were from Cedar Rapids Ia. If I would have know a couple days in advance I could have raced it. Oh well pretty gay any way to watch. :rolleyes:

"BLAHH"300!!
10-29-2001, 10:39 AM
they do come on fox on direct t.v. but as far as knowing when they come on i don't- - - scan through the fox channels untill you see- motorcycle racing - - and look on that channel- most of the time it's going to be the super bike race but then you might see the dirt bikes or quads- i look at least once a day when i have time- but end up catching the end of the race- some tracks look tight and other's look like they would be fun if they weren't so muddy- i don't like getting my bike all muddy--
never seen the "-quad wars-" though- what channel is that on
-on direct t.v. ? i think they should have more quad covreage on t.v. i get sick of seeing dirtbikes race- see one you almost see them all-
<-hate seein' a rider go down but- > i like to see wrecks man- thats the best part- "specialy" when plastic and parts go everywhere- haha- thats the best-
but it doesn't out rank this site- hhehe