PDA

View Full Version : PWR Radiator Models and Installation

bushwesl
07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I recently purchased what I thought, and was told, an Oversized PWR Radiator. After getting it home and attempting to install it, I noticed that it wasn't that much larger than my stock one (by larger, I mean thicker), which leads me to wonder if PWR makes stock replacement radiators as well as the oversized versions. The model number on the side is PWR1506. I've already searched on the internet and the PWR site, and have only came across the PWR1506 model number (http://www.pwr-performance.com/atv.htm). If anyone has one, and knows that theirs is indeed oversized, could you please check the model number, it would be appreciated.

Also, while trying to install it I came across the problem that the stock hoses don't fit correctly. The PWR doesn't have the 90 degree bends on the inlet and outlet tubes like the stock one, but instead come straight out. If anyone else has experienced this problem, and has come up with a solution, could you please explain what you did.

Thank you,
Wes

mineralgrey01gt
07-02-2007, 07:32 PM
im glad you mentioned this, its the same radiator I am going with for my bike

cdrookie
07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
post a pic of your rad. it's not hughly different in size, but should definately look different. the stock hoses still work, only problem i have is that the lower one is up against the pipe but haven't had any problems with it yet.

x.system
07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Wes, you have the oversized radiator, same part number is on mine. I havn't mounted mine yet so can't help you there.

deathman53
07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Most of the aftermarket radiators are like this. I have an Afco radiator, I went to the auto parts store and bought hose with similar bends as needed, some couplings and problem was solved.

250Renvy
07-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Those look tric, but I'm pretty sure they are only 25% more capacity.

I noticed on my 87 that the stock hoses are different than the 88/89.

I'm positive that if you get 88/89 hoses that it will work fine. (All the hoses are preshaped as per year)

bushwesl
07-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks for all of the comments. It's good to know that it is indeed an oversize, because that is what I bought it as and was told. I'm using '86 hoses and they seem to be a little short and the inlet hose wants to kink, so I think I'll head to the store to see what I can find. It's probably because I had to shorten the hose to accommodate for my cool head. I'll see what I can do, and try to post some pics. Thanks again.

bushwesl
07-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Actually, I think I'm going to pick up a couple of those in-line coolers and try and take up the slack that way.

racerx573
07-06-2007, 01:42 AM
I use inline coolers and cut the house where I needed the 90 degree bend so it it closer to the spigots.