PDA

View Full Version : Trailtech Speedometer

Doibugu2
10-22-2002, 09:13 AM
We often thrash companies because they don't have good customer service, so I thought I would give Trailtech some good publicity.

I bought it about 5 months ago, and it bugged out while down at the Hatfield EXriders Trip. I know there were about 5 or so other guys that had one and theirs didn't break. So I called them up and asked about the warrenty. Since it was under 6 months, I sent it in, and got a new one back in about 1-1/2 weeks. Thats pretty damn good.

I got mine absoulty full of dirt and water. I was ridding behind someone all day, and I think I still have dirt in my mouth today. I also kept cleaning it off with my glove, which in the instructions it says not to do. It broke that Saturday at Rockhouse.

Just thought I would pass that on.

Doug

10-22-2002, 09:50 AM
Mines acting up right now,,anytime it gets a little wet or muddy it starts blinkin crazy numbers etc...is this what yours was doing..I'm still tryin to figure out if mines broke or just not reading correctly with all the crap that gets cacked in the holder by the connectors..:confused:

Doibugu2
10-22-2002, 09:54 AM
That's what mine started to do. Then, it just went real dim. I tried a new battery and cleaning it real good. But it didn't work. It acted like one of the buttons was stuck.

I have the receipt right here, here is there info:

23712 NE Canyon Loop
Battle Ground, WA 98604

360-687-4530

You need to call them to get some warrenty return #, from them.

JabberJaw
10-22-2002, 09:59 AM
and I think I still have dirt in my mouth today

So you are saying it helps to have a dirty mouth when you call about the warranty?

Doibugu2
10-22-2002, 10:03 AM
They have more simpathy that way for you :p

Woodsrider
10-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Mines acting up right now,,anytime it gets a little wet or muddy it starts blinkin crazy numbers etc...is this what yours was doing..I'm still tryin to figure out if mines broke or just not reading correctly with all the crap that gets cacked in the holder by the connectors..:confused:

Hey rico, have you tried caking up the contacts with dielectric grease to keep the water out? Just might be the fix your looking for;)

10-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider

Hey rico, have you tried caking up the contacts with dielectric grease to keep the water out? Just might be the fix your looking for;)

Nope haven't thought of that,,thanks fer the tip,,guess I'll give that a try..:D

DGR Designs
10-22-2002, 03:47 PM
yea i guess im gonna do that with mine also. what should the tire # be? i entered 2255 in but i don't know if that is correct i have the stock tires

wyndzer
10-22-2002, 05:00 PM
I got the cheap one from Wal-mart and have not had one problem, and it has been all over the place.

muff
10-22-2002, 06:44 PM
I havent had a problem with my trailtech after some big jumps, i'm not going to be able to get it in mud or water until my leg heals but it does seem like a good idea to seal it off, I'm glad I bought it, now I know really how fast I'm going and how fast I can go, so far i've hit 68.6mph but it wasnt pinned

Woodsrider
10-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by roost_maker
yea i guess im gonna do that with mine also. what should the tire # be? i entered 2255 in but i don't know if that is correct i have the stock tires

I think 2255 is the # for the motorcycle tires:eek: You should be in the neighborhood of 1688 if I am not mistaken. But if I am, some one will be kind enough to correct me:D

I'll get you the # after I eat dinner.

Woodsrider
10-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Roost_maker, If your running stock fronts, they are 22 right?, then your # to input shold be something like 1667 to 1688. I am running 22 inch Razrs and I measure my front tire at 65&5/8 wich works out to 1667mm I am within a tenth of a mile of the milage on a gps after a 15 mile ride.

Gusto
10-23-2002, 10:18 AM
I have noticed that after a day of riding, the magnet will pick-up alot of debris and start throwing eratic numbers out. Wipe it off and it seems to work fine. Also I have had to order extra magnets. So far have had two fall out....ok they got smashed.

Sparky416ex
10-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Rico mine did the same thing...i sent it back and had a new once within to weeks...ever since then its worked fine

z400ex
10-24-2002, 12:32 PM
lol....mine was trippin out too, after i washed it it was all sayin max speed of 256 mp/h i was like damn....lol

muff
10-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by z400ex
lol....mine was trippin out too, after i washed it it was all sayin max speed of 256 mp/h i was like damn....lol

man thats one fast quad!!!, what kind is it, i cant tell by your name, is it an ex or z, j/k, i dont think i'd want to go over a hundred on a quad unless it was a really really flat highway or somethin

z400ex
10-27-2002, 01:13 AM
ya man lol me too......id be affraid of like the damn thing taken off like a airplane or something.