PDA

View Full Version : Has the WPSA killed the ATVA ????

OutlawBill
07-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Only 8 Pros raced this weekend. The ATVA MX pro race is a joke. Byrd will be champion over the also ran guys who could not qualify for the WPSA.

FoxRacing81
07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes. There was only about 9 at High Point. 4 actual pros the rest were local/no name people.

firefighterjosh
07-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Ya ATVA is going to need to step it up.

ThumPIN_450R
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I think the ATVA killed themselves. They knew good and well what they were up against with WPSA if they want more riders they need to give those riders reason to choose them over WPSA. Things like money and TV exposure WPSA has it and ATVA doesn't have enough of it. It would be a pretty easy choice for me which one I would go to if I lived on the right coast. I'm willing to bet most sponsors are pushing riders to WPSA for the same reasons as the riders want to be there also.

Pappy
07-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
Only 8 Pros raced this weekend. The ATVA MX pro race is a joke. Byrd will be champion over the also ran guys who could not qualify for the WPSA.

So we can count on you signing up for the pro class next round correct:p

I think its pitiful that we bash series when there are more then enough riders to fill both events. We as a group have enough issues going against us and fighting amongst ourselves is silly. Im not pro or con for either series, but it is yet to be seen if the wpsa can carry through with its obligations and I hope that it can. I do hear rumors and plenty of negatives about the series but since I dont race them I happily spectate and enjoy what is happening to the sport.

Two televised series and we still cant get behind the common goal of growing the sport.....and you wonder why atv's arent taken seriously.

my88r
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
ATVA is on verus.

blholtz
07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree with Pappy, quit knocking the series and start promoting the sport in your area and get more of your local backyard riders to the track and help build things in your area.

I was at Red bud for that round af the ATVA and even though there were not a lot of Pros we still had a good time and got to see some awesome Pro Am and A-class racing.

If all you go to the races for is the Pros then I can see why you would be disappointed, but there are alot of other riders out there that are great to watch race.

Outlaw 50
07-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
So we can count on you signing up for the pro class next round correct:p

I think its pitiful that we bash series when there are more then enough riders to fill both events. We as a group have enough issues going against us and fighting amongst ourselves is silly. Im not pro or con for either series, but it is yet to be seen if the wpsa can carry through with its obligations and I hope that it can. I do hear rumors and plenty of negatives about the series but since I dont race them I happily spectate and enjoy what is happening to the sport.

Two televised series and we still cant get behind the common goal of growing the sport.....and you wonder why atv's arent taken seriously.

Maybe THAT'S why I get called a "quadtard" on some websites!?

OutlawBill
07-03-2007, 05:48 AM
I am not knocking the race series I am knocking the organization that has let it be become a second rate series. And I due go to a National race to see the Pros. What the ATVA has now is like going to see NASCAR race with a starting field of 15 teams 5 from NASCAR and 10 from ARCA then trying to tell me it is just as good as 43 NASCAR teams. The ATVA needs to steep up it's race program or just let the WPSA run it.

07-03-2007, 08:00 AM
it kinda reminds me of cart and the irl...having 2 different series is almost bad for them both....people, both racer and fan alike only have money to go to one or the other...i would bet even the sponsors are split!!...so they are really splitting the fans up and making them choose...i hope they combine or one goes under. that's terrible to say i know, but what happened to the races that would have 3-500 entrants in one weekend with all the pro semi's line etc.....i really feel bad for joe byrd, he feels obligated to(or is made to by honda) defend his title against people that aren't really competition for him....i'd really like to see him going against gust and natalie and the likes...they had some epic battles last year...JMO

smr
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
dlerch...I've never said this before but I agree with you..:D They should combine the series and be one big happy family.

I think the biggest difference is. WPSA has one promotor that does all the races and ATVA is a series made up of individual events.

07-03-2007, 08:43 AM
The WPSA may have killed the ATVA. But without the WPSA where would quad racing be today? The WPSA helped this sport in so many ways.

Flynbryan19
07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Though I don't have any first hand experience..... From what I've read of racers that did/do run the ATVA, they did it to themselves. The common complaint I read is that the ATVA only cares about themselves with no concern to making the series better for the riders. If this is true, then I'd say it unfortunately serves them right. If you refuse to better your series don't be surprised if a better one comes along and all your riders leave.:ermm:

jb500ex
07-03-2007, 09:40 AM
if the rumor's are true about what the ama is about to do you can kiss the wpsa's goodbye. then everyone who has bashed the atva will have to go back with their tail between their leg's

jcv400ex
07-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
The WPSA may have killed the ATVA. But without the WPSA where would quad racing be today? The WPSA helped this sport in so many ways.

Oh please do share your thoughts on this one...examples?

jrspawn
07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
if the rumor's are true about what the ama is about to do you can kiss the wpsa's goodbye. then everyone who has bashed the atva will have to go back with their tail between their leg's

Couldnt have said it better.

Also, this is just my opinion also... I dont see where all these people(Alot who havent even raced for more than a year if AT ALL) get the nerve to bash the ATVA so harshly. THEY KEPT THE SPORT ALIVE FOR THIS LONG PEOPLE!!!!! If it wasnt for them, well where would the ATV race sport be?

What race series(that proved to keep going after the last true sport quad was produced nearly 20 years ago) proved to the manufactors to get back in the sport of ATV racing?

Most people's gripes with the ATV are directed towards individuals in the higher ups of the ATVA. Heck, like i said most people bash the ATVA and dont even know why.

Pro's are gonna where the money is at, its their job. And sponsors want to make money also, so they want the riders to be where the money is at. Its a proven fact.

But guess what?????? Lets change history a little. What if there was no ATVA???? If it wasnt for the ATVA staying alive, NONE of the pros would be where they are at now. They would ALL still be working their everday jobs and riding on their old R's because the factories never produced another sport/race model becuase there was no need for a race orientated quad. And you cant say that another series would have stepped up and been as influencial and important as the ATVA, becuase Every series has came up from the Backbone of the ATVA/AMA and either worked with it or tried to steal its glory...

Im not downing the WPSA or any other series for that fact. I just feel like too many people have no idea what they are really bashing or complaining about. Look back in history a little and realize who Has been here for the sport and its growth. I feel bashing the ATVA is kind of like stabbing a friend or even better yet, your parents(if that makes sense) in the back.

Thank you
Justin

bradley300
07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
the ATVA hasnt been around long, for 90 percent of the "bad years" with no factory involvment the AMA ran the quad series, and we all know how much the bike guys love thier quad racing.

ive never understood why there are so many promotors on the MX side. it seems everything runs so much smoother whenthe series is controlled by 1 promotor.

jrspawn
07-03-2007, 11:50 AM
That is correct.

If i remember right In the 80's it was actually the AATVA(or something close) but in the late 80's with the 3 wheeler legal scare and banning, the AMA shut down the AATVA and then did the job theirselves. Everything did run as the AMA for quite some time. Shortly after 2000 the AMA started the ATVA.

My main thing here is, regardless of the name, all of the above series were AMA back with the AMA structure. Yes there have been different people in different places within the changes, but its still the same backbone.

Again, people do not realize what the sport would be without the ATVA(AMA, AATVA, whatever you want to think of it, You Get The Idea).

Like mentioned above, i dont see how people can bash something that has made the sport where it is today.

Im curious to see how long the WPSA will be around with ATV racing from everyone? If it were to end(just out of curiousity), would everyone that is anti-ATVA stand their ground and not go back to the ATVA since its SO bad????? What do you think?

Thank you
Justin

07-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Couldnt have said it better.

Also, this is just my opinion also... I dont see where all these people(Alot who havent even raced for more than a year if AT ALL) get the nerve to bash the ATVA so harshly. THEY KEPT THE SPORT ALIVE FOR THIS LONG PEOPLE!!!!! If it wasnt for them, well where would the ATV race sport be?

What race series(that proved to keep going after the last true sport quad was produced nearly 20 years ago) proved to the manufactors to get back in the sport of ATV racing?

Most people's gripes with the ATV are directed towards individuals in the higher ups of the ATVA. Heck, like i said most people bash the ATVA and dont even know why.

Pro's are gonna where the money is at, its their job. And sponsors want to make money also, so they want the riders to be where the money is at. Its a proven fact.

But guess what?????? Lets change history a little. What if there was no ATVA???? If it wasnt for the ATVA staying alive, NONE of the pros would be where they are at now. They would ALL still be working their everday jobs and riding on their old R's because the factories never produced another sport/race model becuase there was no need for a race orientated quad. And you cant say that another series would have stepped up and been as influencial and important as the ATVA, becuase Every series has came up from the Backbone of the ATVA/AMA and either worked with it or tried to steal its glory...

Im not downing the WPSA or any other series for that fact. I just feel like too many people have no idea what they are really bashing or complaining about. Look back in history a little and realize who Has been here for the sport and its growth. I feel bashing the ATVA is kind of like stabbing a friend or even better yet, your parents(if that makes sense) in the back.

Thank you
Justin

i have 2 replies to what you are saying here....one is that actually it was atv riders that kept the sport going...the factories only came back because everyone was putting yz motors in quad frames, and the factories wanted to get a piece of that pie...and two- just because they were the only series at one time doesn't mean that the riders owe them anymore than they owe the riders...from what i understand, and was told by racer and other people in the know is that the atva had a monopoly and paid out/gave back poop to the racers...so wpsa comes along and shares a little more of the pot to the racers...so should we be thankful for them having a series or pi$$ed because they were to greedy and are now paying for that greed?

jrspawn
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I understand where you are coming from, to an extent though...

First, i agree the racers kept the sport alive, but also recognize that again, without the ATVA(and the rest of other names) they wouldnt be racing to the same level......

Second, the True start of the hybrid was for racing purposes only as laeger and walsh started with to try to put their riders up top in the GNC series.

Without that series at the time, would the full hybrid race quad have taken off like they did and showed a demand for that type of quad, absolutely Not!

And finally, i raced for quite some time now, and NEVER have i ever expected to be getting paid back for it. I am no pro, never will be. I go to every race i can make it to, pay my entry fee and race. Just like ever other ameture there. Like mentioned before, pro's will go where the money is. But as an ameture, you are not making a living off it.

Why does the ATVA not pay out as much as the WPSA, I have no idea. But i can tell you that the WPSA does not even come close to what the ATVA is involved in with helping preserve riding areas, help riders in many ways, and keep a positive attitude and Fighting for every ATV'ers rights!!! That for one might take a little money to upkeep wouldnt you think?

Again, i am not downing the WPSA, and im not trying to say ATVA ONLY, but i cant understand how people can bash an organization that fights for our riding rights.

Im also curious of as to all the people that bash have actually raced both series, and what the ATVA did to them that made it horrible?

Thank you
Justin

cannondale27
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Dont forget about ATVA/AMA race insurance.Without it our local series wouldnt be able to make a go of it.There is other insurance out there but its all worthless when a claim comes about.ATVA/AMA has its issues like all other organizations but they have been there for us all the while.I hope they can bring the coverage to ATV's like WPSA does so we can have that and the more important things that go along with the AMA.

jrspawn
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Thats another great point with the insurance cannondale27.

About the coverage topic also. The ATVA provides just as much TV coverage as the WPSA. Both series are televised, and provide a couple episodes for each race(although i have a gripe with both of them for that, i want re runs, re runs, re runs:devil: cant ever get enough racing:D )

Thank you
Justin

firefighterjosh
07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Even though the ATVA has been there since day one. Helping quad racers have a place to race.....there comes a time where there needs to be a change, WPSA offered that change. Its sucks for the ATVA but if they want to stay around they need to step it up a little. just my .02

quadracer707
07-03-2007, 06:36 PM
How about this there are 3 races each left in the ATVA & WPSA series, none of them are the same date, now the pros can race against each other & go where the money is for each series & see who is the best Both have TV contracts both have money, if the sponsers want to be seen now is the time to do it, however what do you think the chances are?? For us amatuers were ever it is closer & mix it up with other kids would be great, will it happen??? It would be great to see some of the pro ams in both classes racing against each other, just think how many quads would be there & how much money would be involved. My son races "B" class & now that we finally have his quad dialed in we were looking foward to racing some of the consistant winners in ATVA, along with the great riders in WPSA. This is an oppurtunity for the promotors to crank it up a notch & do what is BEST for the QUADS. Lets hope we can see it happen. Hey Pappy & Harlen you both cover both series any influence there, you guys do give both series a hell alot of publicity. or is it really a lost cause & one is going to try & ruin the other. COME ON GUYS 6 races to go show us what you got

WADES dad ken

Pappy
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
no influence from us bud, all we do is report it like it happens, nothing more nothing less

and the pro riders will go pretty much where their sponsors tell them to go. suzuki has alot of $$ in the wpsa so their riders are there, and if you look at the wpsa press releases they pretty much hone in on those riders. not sure if that sits well with riders that do better in the results but it is what it is. like i stated, i would love to see both series excell, and it may do just that. we might be looking at a entirely new ball game next season and if i am sure riders will capitalize on anything they are offered.

what we dont need is out right attacks on either series by the participants (although they do have the largest voice IMO as to what works and what doesnt) and especially from those that go to one event a year(if any) and spend the rest of the time bad mouthing everyone . support the sport or find another.

quadracer707
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I agree 100% with your last paragraph.

jb500ex
07-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
no influence from us bud, all we do is report it like it happens, nothing more nothing less

and the pro riders will go pretty much where their sponsors tell them to go. suzuki has alot of $$ in the wpsa so their riders are there, and if you look at the wpsa press releases they pretty much hone in on those riders. not sure if that sits well with riders that do better in the results but it is what it is. like i stated, i would love to see both series excell, and it may do just that. we might be looking at a entirely new ball game next season and if i am sure riders will capitalize on anything they are offered.

what we dont need is out right attacks on either series by the participants (although they do have the largest voice IMO as to what works and what doesnt) and especially from those that go to one event a year(if any) and spend the rest of the time bad mouthing everyone . support the sport or find another.

did you hear what the rumor for next year is. if it's true i don't see how the wpsa will compete

Pappy
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM
did you hear what the rumor for next year is. if it's true i don't see how the wpsa will compete

honestly, when it comes to rumors i take the position of "i will believe it when i see it in black and white":p i cant speculate on things ive heard or been told simple because i have to report on events and need to keep a very neutral position as its not my place to repeat anything rumor or not unless told to do so:p

i like being able to go to any event there is and be respected for 3 things...

1) Honesty

2) Kick *** pictures and good reporting

3) Not having a promotor running me down with a noose:D

AtvMxRider
07-03-2007, 07:42 PM

What is the rumor?

AtvMxRider
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM

What is the rumor?

firefighterjosh
07-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
What is the rumor?

They are signing me to a 10 Year deal with Yamaha!:D

RUMOR?????????? x2!

jb500ex
07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
What is the rumor?

going off what pappy said right now im not sure if it's true, so i won't say it. even though it is coming from decent sources, if it does happen to be truth it will be huge. i believe it will step everything up 10 times so just wait and see

jb500ex
07-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
They are signing me to a 10 Year deal with Yamaha!:D

RUMOR?????????? x2!

yamaha.........a fantasy rumor and the best you can come up with is yamaha lol

jrspawn
07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
yamaha.........a fantasy rumor and the best you can come up with is yamaha lol

Yeah, that one wasnt even close to being believable.

Now heres the real truth, they are getting rid of all the production quads and its gonna be hybrids and R's only:eek2:

If you guys can though, keep it on the down low, they didnt want me letting that one out:devil:

Justin

D-7#61-450r
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
I just attended my first WPSA event this past weekend. From what I seen It was well organized and ran at the professional level. As an amature rider who only can afford to run 1 or 2 nats a year I can say I would spend my time racing the ATVA nats. There are many classes that I can run in and more than likely qualify for at least one. The guys who are running WPSA series are extremely fast in all classes and it leaves no room for the weekend riders such as myself. I really enjoyed being a spectator at the WPSA event and will go and see more of them. As far as trying to race one I see no future in that, the series is one for a truely determined racer that has alot of dedication to riding. Not the guy who just loves to go and race from time to time.

Byte
07-04-2007, 08:10 AM
What is the rumor?

What's the rumor...

SRH
07-04-2007, 10:25 AM
i think the wpsa is good, because its going to force the atva to step things up to the level atv racing needs to be at , there not going to want to give up the memberships and everything that will suffer if things keep going how they are but in reality the atva can protect atving wpsa doesnt care its just a money deal, we need the tv coverage like wpsa but under atva

honda250xrider
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
well all i have to say is i think its great for right now that there is atva and wpsa, this is going to make them fight and of course end up making the the atv industry step up a notch to see who can come out on top...... you would think atva would step it up a notch for next year maybe they will just have to wait and see, all in all this could be a great thing for our sport a little competetion is not a bad thing.

popo
07-04-2007, 07:06 PM
if it's true i don't see how the wpsa will compete

I don't see how they could. It's will be big when it's announced.

wvspeedfreak
07-04-2007, 07:19 PM
If this rumor is just a rumor,somebody just tell it :p Rumors go around all the time.It sounds to me like there is something going on a little more solid than just a rumor :chinese:

popo
07-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
If this rumor is just a rumor,somebody just tell it :p Rumors go around all the time.It sounds to me like there is something going on a little more solid than just a rumor :chinese:

rumor has it.....we can't say :devil:

OutlawBill
07-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by popo
I don't see how they could. It's will be big when it's announced.

I hope it is not something stupid because you can mot fix stupid

I might have been crude and rude on how I started this thread and I apologies. I did get the results I wanted. I wanted people talking about a problem I see in ATVA MX racing program. I have no problem with the ATVA over all (I am a member) just the way ATVA MX racing is not working. I due no longer race I gave it up may years ago. But like a private in the Army I may not how to run the Army but I due know when I see an F up when I see one. I am very unlucky to be able to see only one ATVA race a year due to the fact I live on the west coast. I am not a rich enough too travel or have a job that get’s me too all the races (you all are a bunch of lucky SSOB’s.;) ) I have seen the quality of the one and only race I get too see go down. I would put it on par with an ITP race not a National event. When the AMA Suppercross or Outdoor MX come to SOCAL every dealer within 200 miles sells ticket and may arrange bus tip too the races. When I go too any dealer and ask about the ATVA race all I get is who, what, when and what type of racing is it. If you due not like what I have said and think I am whining TS it is my opinion

jb500ex
07-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
I hope it is not something stupid because you can mot fix stupid

I might have been crude and rude on how I started this thread and I apologies. I did get the results I wanted. I wanted people talking about a problem I see in ATVA MX racing program. I have no problem with the ATVA over all (I am a member) just the way ATVA MX racing is not working. I due no longer race I gave it up may years ago. But like a private in the Army I may not how to run the Army but I due know when I see an F up when I see one. I am very unlucky to be able to see only one ATVA race a year due to the fact I live on the west coast. I am not a rich enough too travel or have a job that get’s me too all the races (you all are a bunch of lucky SSOB’s.;) ) I have seen the quality of the one and only race I get too see go down. I would put it on par with an ITP race not a National event. When the AMA Suppercross or Outdoor MX come to SOCAL every dealer within 200 miles sells ticket and may arrange bus tip too the races. When I go too any dealer and ask about the ATVA race all I get is who, what, when and what type of racing is it. If you due not like what I have said and think I am whining TS it is my opinion

the answer to the rumor is in your post. think the absolute biggest thing the ama could do, think really big. i have heard they are trying too figure how it can be done and thats what it will come down. if it can be done

cannondale27
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
If they add a Quad Pro class to the SX Bike
races same night ,same track it will be a hit.

tw1976
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
There's no way the quads could ride the same tracks as the supercross bikes unless they tamed the tracks down. And while I hate to say, there is no way quads are going to draw a big enough crowd to support a series. Maybe if they allowed amateurs like nationals they could make a go of it, but I personally don't see it working.

cannondale27
07-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Sure they could run those tracks.I am talking just the pros.If the crowd is there for the Bikes do you think they would leave when quads came out?I dont think so.I wonder how that would go over with some of the bike guys?You dont think the ProQuads could run same track as bikes.Well probably alot of people think that.That alone would be a draw.

smr
07-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by cannondale27
If they add a Quad Pro class to the SX Bike
races same night ,same track it will be a hit.

didn't they try this in the early 90's. The quads would run the corse backwards.

jcv400ex
07-06-2007, 05:37 AM
A quad on a supercross track? That would not be entertaining. What they should do is piggy back the outdoor mx series. That would be kick ***!

JRP
07-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
A quad on a supercross track? That would not be entertaining. What they should do is piggy back the outdoor mx series. That would be kick ***!

idk. they have canadian sx for quads and its real fun to watch.

http://www.montrealsupercross.com/Video.aspx?en=1&no=75

i think its sick as chit....:)

N300exJ
07-06-2007, 07:43 AM
That was an awesome video. Well i hope everyone is ready because the bikes and atvs are gonna be side by side in the ama pro class very very soon.

N300exJ
07-06-2007, 07:43 AM
That was an awesome video. Well i hope everyone is ready because the bikes and atvs are gonna be side by side in the ama pro class very very soon.

jcv400ex
07-06-2007, 08:06 AM
I gotta admitt, that was sick as hell! But I think alot of the US Supercross tracks will be way too one lined for good 4 wheeler racing. That start scared the heck out of me! Those guys have nerves of steel. Talk about pin it and go!

tt racer
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
That was the best mx track for a quad ive ever seen! Why havent we had any thing like that in the USA? That would take off like crazy, send the vid to the atva!:D

Dupontster
07-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
I just attended my first WPSA event this past weekend. From what I seen It was well organized and ran at the professional level. As an amature rider who only can afford to run 1 or 2 nats a year I can say I would spend my time racing the ATVA nats. There are many classes that I can run in and more than likely qualify for at least one. The guys who are running WPSA series are extremely fast in all classes and it leaves no room for the weekend riders such as myself. I really enjoyed being a spectator at the WPSA event and will go and see more of them. As far as trying to race one I see no future in that, the series is one for a truely determined racer that has alot of dedication to riding. Not the guy who just loves to go and race from time to time.

Very true....I feel the same way....Well said Terry..

jb500ex
07-07-2007, 03:32 PM
stop thinking supercross and start thinking mx

cannondale27
07-07-2007, 03:52 PM
From a spectator point of view SX is way more exciting than MX.Its the stadium atmosphere and being able to see the whole race from one spot.Plus the races are usually in most peoples downtime.Winter.Some say the quads couldnt do it.I think quads would have a harder time at the bike MX tracks.Ever see the huge "grooves" they make?Maybe both.

rebelbanshee
07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
maybe the ATVA will start paying the winners an appreciable amount of money? that would be different.

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by JRP
idk. they have canadian sx for quads and its real fun to watch.

http://www.montrealsupercross.com/Video.aspx?en=1&no=75

i think its sick as chit....:)

awesome track that I would love to ride but a single mx bike didn't ride on that track for a week before that race. I tried to ride my quad after some bike races this past weekend at NCMP. The ruts would be difficult to overcome even for a pro level rider. I was worried about my a-arms diggin in and flipping me over. I decided to save my powdercoat job for another day.

I didn't have time to wait for Mark to run the tractor around the track...I am sure it will be back in what I call quad shape by next weekend!!!

:D

jb500ex
07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
it's almost a done deal the ama will be seeing if the quads and bikes can work together. they are almost done finalizing the weekend of steel city mx the quads will be racing saturday. it won't be for points, just too see if it works. if this works you can kiss the wpsa goodbye

juanki
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
is bike mx on espn?.. if that is yes, will atv mx be on espn also?

jb500ex
07-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by juanki
is bike mx on espn?.. if that is yes, will atv mx be on espn also?

bikes are on speed . the wpsa's were only day's away from being on speed also. espn has nothing to do with the series, they pay espn to air

LT80
07-17-2007, 04:33 PM
2 things::
1) Why does everyone bang on the ATVA? The AMA/ATVA are santioning bodys and are great defenders of bike and quad riders in the battle for our riding rights..
It's the Promotors group (ATVPG) that rules the roost They allow rule changes as they see fit after a "recomendation" from the AMA congress delegates that are suposed to tell them the rules.
It is their fault the WPSA and ATVA can't get along. They (PG) have tried anything and everything to bust the WPSA's efforts. Unsuccesfully I might add.
Some may not like this bu I feel the only way to salvage the ATVA series WITH PRO's, is for one promotor to take over the series. Given a current option, I'd vote for Racer Productions.
I feel bad for the promotors that have to beg for a race then have no choice but to be in their little group with less say.

2) If the rumor is true, it'll be yet another lame try at having a AMA PRO QUAD series.
I'd bet Mr. Whipple didn't know the fiasco he walked into. He's a very nice guy.

jb500ex
07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
the gncc series is the best atv series i have been too and i agree lt80 i think racer productions would do a great job

etccb
07-17-2007, 09:19 PM
the gncc series is the best atv series i have been too and i agree lt80 i think racer productions would do a great job

You don't hear about riders being ticked at the gncc like the gnc.
Vist the GNCC website and you will see that they do give a hoot about the quads.

etccb
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
it's almost a done deal the ama will be seeing if the quads and bikes can work together. they are almost done finalizing the weekend of steel city mx the quads will be racing saturday. it won't be for points, just too see if it works. if this works you can kiss the wpsa goodbye

07?Aug 25th.No GNC or WPSA!:D
I think most of the pros from the gnc and wpsa would be there if they could.That is one non points race that they will all want to win!

D-7#61-450r
07-18-2007, 04:38 AM
Have any of ya'll ever been to a pro national? The ruts are up to the foot pegs of the 450 bikes. There is know way that quads and pro bikes can race on the same track the same weekend. Also what about the fact that bikes hate all of us quad guys for blowing their lines. How many of you guys have ever been thrown off your quad from a bad dirt bike rut? Also the pro nationals is not very fan freindly unless you pockets are very deep, pay for pro pit passes, quad riders everyone is just one of us noone really has a swollen head.

quad2xtreme
07-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I wonder if the track owner could plow, disc, and scrape the turns in an hour or so. Guessing all the bikes would have to run first and then the quads 2nd or vice versa.

Perhaps the idea is to start to elevate the status of quad riders to the level of bike riders.

/Jon

hsr
07-24-2007, 06:51 PM
It's obvious that the track would have to be groomed seperatly for both the bikes and quads. We're talking about 1/2 hr to 45 min to disc and water? This is very minimal amount of time. There is no reason why they couldn't make this happen. All it is going to take is a little cooperation from the dirtbike community and some thought out scheduling to make everything go smoothly. I think if the bikes finally get a chance to see the premier of what pro atv motocross is they will be amazed. The only real issue that bikes have with atv's is what they do to a track by knocking down the ruts and making it hardpack. Some simple track grooming is all that will be needed here...

cannondale27
07-24-2007, 07:41 PM
See now if they ran SX this wouldnt be anywhere near the issue it will be at the outdoors.Think about it.Most of the bike outdoors you need to qualify to even race the mains.Some you have to prequalify to even race the qualifiers.Grooming a whole track and letting quads run is going to tick off the bike guys who didnt even get a chance to race.The SX races there would be time since grooming is done anyway.Outdoors they dont groom the tracks at all.If quads dont run same day same track it will be a waste of time and not lead to anymore exposure than we have now.