PDA

View Full Version : Went to get one...

Ride1Rob
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I've been doing research on the Typhoon, DRR, and Apex bikes for my son. He has a Kazuma 90 and it's time to upgrade. From what I've read, good and bad on all three bikes it seems that the best bang for my buck is the Typhoon 125. There were some problems and Xtreme has done a tremendous job making the bike better from production to make the bike better. The dealer told me that the oil cooler now is a standard option with each bike (That's the only reason I didn't come back with one today). He had one ready but it doesn't have the oil cooler. Has 2 in the crate with the oil cooler that need to be put together. I asked if I could just bring the one back and have the cooler added if he ordered it and he said yes... BUT I'D BE CHARGED FOR THE PART AND LABOR AS WELL:confused: ? When I first saw this bike I was totaly impressed! The pics that I've been seeing on the net do nothing to what you see first hand. I was very tempted to grab the one without the oil cooler I was so pulled into it. Crunk it up and it has awsome grunt from the pipe. Kinda looks like my Alba. I asked if I could simply get a crated one and put it together myself (I do my own motorwork and such on my YFZ). She said that if I did it'd VOID the warranty. So I left it there and will go and pick it up on Wednesday. Judging from the prices that I've seen I'm getting a pretty good deal on the bike. $1926 OTD!!!! So I'm not going to pitch a fit. Afterall, there's another dealer not 5mins away that wants $2200 for the 125. Can anyone tell me what to look for or do in terms of making sure everything is correct on this bike. Also, I felt the throttle and it's as stiff as my YFZ. How can I make this softer? Thanx!

azextreme
07-02-2007, 07:54 PM
go to Costco web page 1200 shipped!

God'sGirl.MQ.20
07-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I think the extra $700 is worth Xtremes tech support and warranty. They guys at Xtreme have been awesome. Any problems they've helped us out on a timely basis.

Our daughter just won the Fly North Texas Spring Series in the advanced and open classes. She was running against Drr, Apex, TRX 90, LT 80's and Polaris. Granted in this series Mod's are allowed. So most of these bikes have had some sort of mod's including hers. She has the 140 kit in her 125.

I think we are a great example of how successful a Typhoon can be. They have had kinks but I don't know of any bike that hasn't. The crank problem is supposed to be resolved with the new engines from June. That would be my advice is to make sure you get one of those motors. Especially, if you want to pump it up. The crank can't handle the extra horsepower.

As far as the throttle... switch it out for a Honda 400 EX. We tried to loosen the springs in the stock one...that resulted in the throttle sticking. Not good!!!! Thank God for kill teather!

PM us if you have any ?'s

azextreme
07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd say that too If someone is not able to wench on a bike, but for some that can wench and do there own motor work on a big bike. Save the 700 and buy some front Elka cause your gonna need it!

Ride1Rob
07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Actually, the bikes are similar in ways but their different also. The Xtreme has more upgrades on the bike that I'm getting in terms of things that Xtreme has done for the overall better of the bike. The prices that I'm seeing on the Costco site say 1299. So that will be over $1400 or close to it once the taxes are included. Still $500 cheaper then the Xtreme, but I think I'll sacrifice that $500 for the warranty on the bike as well as the customer service. I went through hell on a pocket bike that I got for my son from Pep Boys. I needed a part for the bike and all that Pep boys could do is give me a 1-800 number. The pocket bike sat up in my garage over a year and I could not find the part for it. I could find similar parts but none would work on this bike. I finally just put it outside on the trash pile and someone took it off that nite. With Xtreme all I have to do is order the part from them and fix it myself ;) .

Thanx for the info GodGirl :D . I'll be sure to get back with you.

God'sGirl.MQ.20
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by azextreme
I'd say that too If someone is not able to wench on a bike, but for some that can wench and do there own motor work on a big bike. Save the 700 and buy some front Elka cause your gonna need it!

I see your point.
We're just happy customers of Xtreme so I like to give them Kudos when I can.

YES on the Elka's. We just switched her Fox to Elka's. Night and day. Her landings are like butter!!!

azextreme
07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
No taxes I think unless you live in CA. Also I can order parts from Extreme, Or Baja Motorsports. Matter of fact I got a complete listing and parts breakdown of the bike from Baja Motorspaorts, ordered parts three day later there at my door! Any vender is gonna trake your money for whatever upgrades you want! Just giving you options good luck on whatever you get!

ww228king
07-05-2007, 02:29 PM
there is a slightly used one on ebay from nc ....his reserve is $1000 buy now for $1200....Extreme

ww228king
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
If you havn't got one yet...you can get the DRR 90 from kenjolly for about the same price....alot better quad ...just my 2 cents worth..:p

Ride1Rob
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I picked the bike up yesterday and this is definitely a nice quad. There are a few upgrades on the version that I received with the oil cooler being one of them. My son loves it!!!