PDA

View Full Version : Stock shock settings?

2old2race
07-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I am 195# semi-aggressive rider.
I mainly do mid to high speed woods riding. Very little to no motocross-type riding. A lot of rocks and roots in my routes.

I have my rear shock spring set to the tighest level and my dampener is set 1 turn out.

The front shocks are also set to the firmest setting.

My friend's rear shock spring is set midway; and second from the firmest on the front shocks. Granted, his quad rides more plush. Yet it does set lower and bottoms out occasionally in which I never do. He also weighs in at right under 200#.

The only other difference is that he has OE tires with 4psi, I have Holeshot HD's set at 5#. Also, my front end is A LOT more busy than his. This I blame on the 6-ply tire.

Thanks for any input!

CarGuy7a
07-02-2007, 11:46 PM
that's about where i have mine set and i'm 215lbs.

my front one's from stock are one notch down from the hardest setting.
the rear i recently changed the compression and dampening to full hard and it made a huge difference.

usually when i hit the jumps my front end wanted to do a nose dive b/c of my riding style. after i adjusted the rear shock the front end wants to stay up so the quad levels off b4 landing.

i'm kind of new to shock adjustments too so i'm still playing around with them to see what does what.

^^^^
but that's where i'm at now.