PDA

View Full Version : Keihin Carb- Info

bulldogfallon
07-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Some organizations are not allowing the upgrade due to the understanding that it is an upgrade and not available on stock units.

The Keihin carb is an option on "stock" quads just power windows on a car.....

They are factory authorized for an additional cost.

You can walk into a showroom and find either an OKO or Keihin carb depending upon the dealer preference.

Make sure your organization is properly notified because there is a good chance that someone else will show up with Keihin carb on a new "stock" quad they purchased from a DRR dealer

Just wanted to make sure that there was some clarification to this.

Please direct any questions to 561-676-1535

My cell phone is on 24hrs a day for support

#404's Dad
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Good info Gary, I think I am going to order one today just to have it on hand due to not being 100% happy with the OKO's performance but I don't want to hear anymore whining than I need to at the tracks so it will sit in my box until needed.

Corey

dblacks
07-08-2007, 06:06 PM
this is the pe20 carb correct

or does this include the pwk 21

bulldogfallon
07-08-2007, 06:24 PM
The PE20 for the 50/70 and PE24 for the 90cc quads.

#404's Dad
07-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Ordering a new 50 for my son in the morning to replace the totaled one he currently has, i will try and order it with the Keihin carb on it :)

Corey

bulldogfallon
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I ordered all the Keihin Carbs that were available to make sure they would be readily availlable to any DRR racers that need them.

If you need one (or your dealer) then contact me

I also have the new liquid cooled 50s arriving on Tuesday...

I hear they may have some hich compression heads on them stock......I'll have to verify that before making any promises

They may have silver frames too....

I'll keep everyone posted when I unload my container Tuesday

#404's Dad
07-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I ordered all the Keihin Carbs that were available to make sure they would be readily availlable to any DRR racers that need them.

If you need one (or your dealer) then contact me

I also have the new liquid cooled 50s arriving on Tuesday...

I hear they may have some hich compression heads on them stock......I'll have to verify that before making any promises

They may have silver frames too....

I'll keep everyone posted when I unload my container Tuesday
Well that sux Gary, how are the rest of us dealers supposed to get the carbs if you bought them all ? lol crap let me know what I have to do now please, I have like 4 days till race time and I dont pay retail for anything quad related :)

Also, I thought we could buy a quad with the carb already on it???

This is getting confusing :(

bulldogfallon
07-08-2007, 08:42 PM
You can buy one with the Keihin carb on it....

If the dealer has them in stock and puts it on before shipping

The Keihins will not be installed out of Taiwan due to the import fees to use a Japanese product....More convenient yes, but much more expensive and the Keihins are not ATVA legal so they won't put that carb on until next year when it can be approved.

I will sell the carb to a dealer at dealer cost, so they won't have to pay anymore than they normally would.

camsdad
07-09-2007, 09:22 AM
if the carb is install in taiwan the problem wont be cured..oko already makes pwk and pe carb knockoff that actually say keihin on them ...you have to know what to look for to know the difference..they say keihin but still perform like an oko...

#404's Dad
07-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by camsdad
if the carb is install in taiwan the problem wont be cured..oko already makes pwk and pe carb knockoff that actually say keihin on them ...you have to know what to look for to know the difference..they say keihin but still perform like an oko...

How would one tell the difference??

Thanks

camsdad
07-10-2007, 09:11 AM
for starters the genuine pe always has a black plastic thumb wheel idle adjuster,knock off will be brass..there are other differences mainly in the air horn and slide.....the genuine pwk (with the exception of the cr/kx version)will have an all plastic idle screw.with the air horn and metering circuits being different as well... as far as i know keihin never produced a pwk smaller than 28mm and never with a power jet.....

bulldogfallon
07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
All of our Keihins are purchased here in the U.S.

camsdad
07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
imported keihins are great...my post deals with the carb being installed in tiawan....

Full Throttle00
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
If you are going to upgrade to the Keihn, then why not bump your 70cc to a 28mm carb?

wrhracing
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I would guess , by going to the 20mm, no other clutching changes would be required, like higher stall.
Throttle response is improved, carbureation isn't as finicky with the smaller carb., and a higher state of tune isn't required.

Full Throttle00
07-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by wrhracing
I would guess , by going to the 20mm, no other clutching changes would be required, like higher stall.
Throttle response is improved, carbureation isn't as finicky with the smaller carb., and a higher state of tune isn't required.

I never thought about that
Aare you saying that by going with a larger carb, you should need to change / increase your stall speed?
If so, what would you recomend for the larger carb set up?

wrhracing
07-16-2007, 05:02 AM
I use a specially modified 23/25, to 28 OKO/Kehin "D" slide. The smaller the carb the less stall you put into it. Basically you have less horsepower on the bottom with the huge carbs, so you richen the bottom up, (gets rid of the bog) and raise the stall to run past the bottom and engage in the middle. (Dial in the needle).
Generally having a assortment of needles helps this situation. As does starting with a lighter roller weight or the old 50cc transmission when tuning large carbs to small engines.
After you are thru tuning it , then you dial in the roller weight and gearing for your rider.