PDA

View Full Version : Oil injector

riding4fun
07-02-2007, 06:18 AM
What is the preferred / recommended process of removing the oil injector. What all needs to be done.

What is the benefit of having it removed? I want to ease a little thumb pressure for the little guy.

Thanks,
Darrell

drr5
07-02-2007, 07:05 AM
order a single pull cable it will improve greatly

#404's Dad
07-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Does removing the Injection and its related parts (cables, bottle and so on) make it a modified bike or will it still be considered a stock bike?

Corey

riding4fun
07-02-2007, 08:42 PM
It probably does. But what the heck, were just trying to have fun at the races.

There was a couple kids that ran in our stock class that definately didn't have them hooked up. When they are disconnected does the exhaust smell different because of the pre-mix.

bulldogfallon
07-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Best ways to kep it intact`(in case you need them again)

1- Weirdest thing happened...Looked in my injector line and a BB somehow blocked the flow of oil...hmmmmm :)

2- Black zip tie the oil line in 2 or more places(bend the line in 1/2 then zip it tight)

Depends on how much on the "DL" you have to be

The new quads don't seem to have much thumb resistance though?

We have single pull cables that will take care of your issue.

You other goodies should be there on July 5th via Fed Ex and your axle will be delivered by DHL.

bulldogfallon
07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Modified:

Most places will call the removal a modification...All tracks have different rules

Advantage:

It ensures that the engine will always have the right mix and no worries of an oil pump failure

Exhaust Smell:

Different oils used when pre-mixing and injecting....Don't use the same for both applications

We like Klotz R-50 for premix at 44:1 ratio

Smells purdy!! :) :)

#404's Dad
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon

1- Weirdest thing happened...Looked in my injector line and a BB somehow blocked the flow of oil...hmmmmm :)

ROFLMMFAO !!! Man I also found a ball bearing in mine, well two actually, not sure how they ended up there but what the hay lol.

ecmini1
07-03-2007, 06:19 AM
To ease the thumb pressure issue we cut down the slide spring. Need to cut about a 1/4 off and it will still function fine. Also go with the single cable.

Removing oil injection is just a way to have controll and piece of mind the eng is lubricated properly. The stock oil injection ratio is high like 32:1 this and will also change jetting when removing.

Thanks

mxdad
07-03-2007, 07:05 AM
FYI - The oil injection system must be in use to run the ATVA 50 Limited Class. That mean no bb's, ball bearings, zip ties, etc... Also here in AMA District 6 it would not be legal in the 50 limited class. Check your local rules before doing any mod's!!!!

wvspeedfreak
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Adam,I tried to pm ya back but your mailbox needs cleaned ;)

riding4fun
07-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. Doesn't sound too bad. Even I can do that.

riding4fun
08-04-2007, 12:34 PM
I have blocked the line. The question I have is can I drain the tank?

There seems to be some oozing at the connection to the intake. Somebody else told me but I forgot.

Thanks,

Darrell