PDA

View Full Version : just bought 2000 90 trx and need some help

MichiganMOOSE79
07-02-2007, 01:48 AM
i just bought a 2000 trx 90, got a great deal for $800, when i start it for the first time she rides it, it it acts like its very cold blooded, have to baby the throttle or it falls on its face and stalls, have baby it with the choke almost full on for few minutes, and once its warm it seems to run great, and doesnt seem to do it the rest of the day. i figured i would take the carb off and see if needs cleaned, but i see some guys sugesting changing jets,ive put new plug and air filter and oil in already, just looking for pointers, also how much power should it have on low end seems little doggy, i never riden one so im not sure, once it gets reved out it flys, just wasnt sure, also i see guys asking about this PINK wire/ what is this and why are they unhooking it? thanks for any input

plafleursr
07-02-2007, 07:51 AM
The pink wire controls the rev limiter in fourth gear, when disconnected it allows engine to rev higher in fourth gear. Most of the 90's require a long warm up time.

Ericthered rdr
07-04-2007, 06:53 AM
All TRX 90's run like crap until warm. Go up one size on the pilot (slow speed) jet and you will notice a change. Pull the float bowl to inspect and clean the carb at a min. It doesnt take these crappy fuels long to varnish these days and you prob have no idea how long the quad sat idle. any honda parts dealer can help you on jets . Here is what is curent installed (assuming stock) JET, SLOW (#40)
99103-GN8-0400 (honda part #)

hopefully someone can chime in with a part # or size replacement.
Good luck

Eric