PDA

View Full Version : Compare Outlaw 525 Vs. KTM525XC

525 Outlaw Dude
07-01-2007, 11:41 PM
when looking at both quads is there any difference between power, and will they be competative between each other racing on the trails, track, and aslo the dunes

"over all which won is better besides streight axle and independent suspension"

OutlawBill
07-02-2007, 05:46 AM
KTM it may be 40 LBS lighter

525 Outlaw Dude
07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
i like the KTM525XC but i'll take my outlaw 525 over anything, its my life and i would take a bullet for it

"I LOVE YOU OUTLAW 525" LOL

x rider1291
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 525 Outlaw Dude
i like the KTM525XC but i'll take my outlaw 525 over anything, its my life and i would take a bullet for it

"I LOVE YOU OUTLAW 525" LOL

mid life crisis huh...it happens to the best of us....nah im playin :p

bsieren
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
As far as I know they are pretty much the same quad. I am sure the KTM will be a little bit lighter. It looks like it is going to have a little better shocks on it as well. I also will take my IRS any day. I have been very happy with my Outlaw nothing to complain about here. I probably have about 15-20hrs on it and it has been great. Could it have a little better shocks on it sure it could but I don't do any mx, just xc so I personally think they are good enough, at least for me they are. I am sure someone on here will dog me for stating that, but that is my opinion.

TWISTED DINLI
07-04-2007, 04:05 PM
the KTM quad will prolly be better in the corners since it doesnt have the IRS. looks to me like on the videos that the outlaw looked like it wanted to tip over a lot easier than the other 450's just my thoughts.:ermm:

54warrior
07-05-2007, 06:38 AM
There will be no comparison between the two. The KTM has it's own frame, own geometry, own shocks, own steering stem, own a-arms, own swingarm, etc.

Pretty much everything on the KTM is different from the Outlaw, aside from the engine. IMO, everything on the KTM is better stuff too. Better frame, better geometry, better shocks, better steering stem, better a-arms, better swingarm, etc.

I believe that the durability of this quad will be better too.

THE ONLY SIMILARITY BETWEEN THE KTM AND POLARIS IS THE ENGINE.

Also, there is no more deal between KTM/Polaris. They are two completely seperate companies. Yes, Polaris still purchases engines from KTM, but as far as sharing resources (engineering, designs, etc.), there is no relationship. This is a completely 100% KTM designed machine (thank goodness).

Supercup
07-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
There will be no comparison between the two. The KTM has it's own frame, own geometry, own shocks, own steering stem, own a-arms, own swingarm, etc.

Pretty much everything on the KTM is different from the Outlaw, aside from the engine. IMO, everything on the KTM is better stuff too. Better frame, better geometry, better shocks, better steering stem, better a-arms, better swingarm, etc.

Also, there is no more deal between KTM/Polaris. They are two completely seperate companies. Yes, Polaris still purchases engines from KTM, but as far as sharing resources (engineering, designs, etc.), there is no relationship. This is a completely 100% KTM designed machine (thank goodness).

Actually I was told the engines are different as well. Polaris is not getting the latest and greatest parts, the KTM will. Nothing wrong with the Polaris motor, KTM is just keeping a few new tricks for their own bike. Kinda like buying and F1 engine from Ferrari, it is a great engine, just not as good as the one in the team cars.

JCM

GE4x4
07-06-2007, 07:37 PM

Don't get to excited about Polaris and KTM. The Outlaw 450 to be released in 3 weeks might change your mind.

CHADHIX
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
So says they guy still riding a Warrior

Also, there is no more deal between KTM/Polaris. They are two completely seperate companies. Yes, Polaris still purchases engines from KTM, but as far as sharing resources (engineering, designs, etc.), there is no relationship. This is a completely 100% KTM designed machine (thank goodness). :rolleyes:

rebelbanshee
07-07-2007, 08:23 AM
so what kind of bike do you need to be knowlegable about the industry? I have a 250R and agreee with everything he said. Is that good enough or do i need a 450?:D

CHADHIX
07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
See there is a difference.....You ride a quad that still kicks ***! Hell I dont even own a 450! I just dont want to hear a guy talking smack that probally hasnt ridden anything but a Warrior.;)

Evasiveone
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Those of you that keep saying Polaris and KTM have split apart need to realize this buying back of stock just happened in the past few months and Polaris still owns 5% of KTM. I guarantee this quad was not just designed, R&D and built last month. Polaris had a huge part in the initial design, R&D and make up of this quad.

There are many visual clues on the 525XC that look very similar to many parts on the Polaris machines.

54warrior
07-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
See there is a difference.....You ride a quad that still kicks ***! Hell I dont even own a 450! I just dont want to hear a guy talking smack that probally hasnt ridden anything but a Warrior.;)

My 2003 Cannondale Speed that I sold about 2 years ago. I bought it new in July 2004.

I honestly haven't ridden any large amount of time in probably 2 years for work/family/other reasons, but do manage to sneak out on the neighbors YFZ every now and again.

Quads that I have ridden:

Warrior, Blaster, Banshee, TRX450R, TRX250R, LTZ400, LT250R, LT500R, Predator, YFZ450, Cannondale Speed, Cannibal, Blaze, Grizzly, Kodiak, Foreman 450, 300EX, 400EX, etc...

NEED I SAY MORE???

YES...
Just because I posted the facts (was NOT talking smack) and you didn't like them doesn't mean you have to start flaming away.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Speed2.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Speed1.jpg

54warrior
07-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh yeah, this is the KTM section of the Forum, so don't expect me blow any smoke up your Polaris riding @ss!!

Also, this was about comparing the two machines, which I did. Then you went off track because you didn't like my comments. Get over it. Based on your statements, someones knowledge is based solely on the machine that they own. How ignorant is that???

CHADHIX
07-09-2007, 04:54 PM
About as ignorant as riding a Warrior. A Kymco would be a better ride than that. Having owned and raced Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Polaris machines I do think I would have more Knowledge than somebody that has just "ridden" other makes.:devil:

54warrior
07-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by CHADHIX
About as ignorant as riding a Warrior. A Kymco would be a better ride than that. Having owned and raced Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Polaris machines I do think I would have more Knowledge than somebody that has just "ridden" other makes.:devil:

You obviously didn't read and interpret my post correctly.

First of all, I stated that I sold my Cannondale, and now all I have is the Warrior that I bought new when I was 14. I will never sell it, it has been a great all around machine and has served it's purpose well.

I also stated that, yes, I haven't rode in about 2 years. Does that mean that I haven't kept current with the new technology-absolutely not.

Finally, nowhere did I state that I was more knowledgeable than what you are, although there is a good chance based on the absurd comments that you have made thus far.

Congratulations on owning and racing your Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Polaris--it makes you such a better person than me.

protraxrptr17
07-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
Polaris had a huge part in the initial design, R&D and make up of this quad.

Let's hope not. I don't mean to bash the Predator and Outlaw, but seriously, they are trail bikes at best. I think they are just about the best that Polaris can do in the "performance" department. Polaris has always built their ATV's super heavy with a powerful engine. Even their utility bikes are alot heavier than the other brands. If Polaris had the knowledge to build a bike of this caliber it would be a Polaris instead of KTM.

I think the R&D on this bike was probably done by the same people that design KTM's motorcycles and some poeple here in the states that actually know something about racing. KTM doesn't need Polaris' ideas.

54warrior
07-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Let's hope not. I don't mean to bash the Predator and Outlaw, but seriously, they are trail bikes at best. I think they are just about the best that Polaris can do in the "performance" department. Polaris has always built their ATV's super heavy with a powerful engine. Even their utility bikes are alot heavier than the other brands. If Polaris had the knowledge to build a bike of this caliber it would be a Polaris instead of KTM.

I think the R&D on this bike was probably done by the same people that design KTM's motorcycles and some poeple here in the states that actually know something about racing. KTM doesn't need Polaris' ideas.

Thank you for getting this back on track!!

BamBamm13
07-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Will it have a "linkage"?

54warrior
07-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by BamBamm13
Will it have a "linkage"?

It would appear NOT.

Tim Farr's 450MX

http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2008ktmtimfarr450xcatvphotogallery/images/IMG_6577.jpg

525 XC
http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2008ktm525xcatvphotogallery/images/IMG_6517.jpg

DOHC
07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah, this is the KTM section of the Forum, so don't expect me blow any smoke up your Polaris riding @ss!!

Also, this was about comparing the two machines, which I did. Then you went off track because you didn't like my comments. Get over it. Based on your statements, someones knowledge is based solely on the machine that they own. How ignorant is that???
yes but im pretty sure this is a comparison between the outlaw 525 and the ktm 525

GE4x4
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Kind of ironic that some say Polaris and KTM are no longer in any deal other then engine. Yet Polaris will introduce a MX450 and a 525 SRA this weekend. Kinda simular to what KTM is doing. But like I said before, the Polaris ones won't have all the goodies like KTM, but this will keep the price much lower for the average guy.

rollie
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
there is deffintly no comparison between the KTM and the polaris. polaris has no intrest in MX racing, i would guess the outlaw is decent in the woods however most riders would still prefer a straight axle quad from a more reputable company. seems like 54warrior and a few other people in this thread are the only ones who acually know what there talking about.

rollie
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM
there is deffintly no comparison between the KTM and the polaris. polaris has no intrest in MX racing, i would guess the outlaw is decent in the woods however most riders would still prefer a straight axle quad from a more reputable company. seems like 54warrior and a few other people in this thread are the only ones who acually know what there talking about.

GE4x4
07-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I guess you didn't read what I said. Polaris is releasing a 450MX solid axle and a 525 solid axle this weekend. They will still have the 525irs to.

ZSNOW
08-13-2007, 07:26 AM
i think ktm and polaris are sharing some info but not all, because they BOTH just released a 450 and 525, witch would make most people suspect something

for the linkage, alot of their foreign bikes don't have linkages either, i think they prolly came out with a better way to get travel out of a shock, and keep ground clearence, after all it IS KTM;)

dkpolaris525
08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I own a Outlaw 525 and am very satisfied with the machine the only thing I don't like about it is the oil changes they are kind of a pain in the @$$. I've owned a 400ex, Predator, and a 450r all which were alot easier than the 525 motor. I realize the problem is worth it when I start riding the motor straight kicks @ss. I think the true KTM bikes will be a better product but will also have a way higher price. The Outlaw 450 will come more set up like the TLE with the Fox shocks I saw. I think its going to be a great year for the 450 class who know who the winner will be. I rode the YFZ, KFX, TRX, and the Suzuki and I liked them all some a little more than others. I'm sure there will be some KTMs out there now because you know KTM fans there more loyal then Honda riders.

quadman08
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by rollie

Actually Polaris is into mx racing because they signed with the bombsquad. Caleb moore races the outlaw 450 and the only mods are exhaust and front shocks. He pulled holeshot in Englishtown. And Caleb backflips the outlaw 525 sra. He said you cant do this with any other bike so close to stock. Saw him at sno motion in Greenville michigan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--AC9a78_3U

quadman08
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by rollie

Actually polaris is into mx racing. They signed with the bombsquad to run the outlaw the rest of the season. Caleb moore ran the 450 in Englishtown and got holeshot. The only mods are front shocks and an fmf pipe. Caleb also backflips the 525sra. He said you cant do that with any other bike so close to stock. Saw him at sno motion in greenville michigan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--AC9a78_3U

twisted_chassis
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
polaris wants their piece of the mx pie. their ktm powered machines have the same power, you just have to uncork it a little. polaris units are a little heavier,but what do you expect for the price diffrence over the ktm brands. if i just wanted the power of a ktm i would buy the polaris version. but i prefer the whole package:D

RosquistRacer39
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I just watched the 36 min vid over on another site where they went over the bike and I can say that I am impressed. They actually put some thought into the bike, from a racers point of view. Idk on the polaris, but Ive rode the outlaw 500 (my brother in law owns one) and they just feel to tall and tippy to me to race on. As far as the 450mxr they didn't even make it 50". I would go with a KTM because the maintenance side of things looks to be well thought out and far easier.