PDA

View Full Version : decisions, decisions. what to buy?

underpowered
07-01-2007, 10:54 PM
alright, i am looking for a street bike. looking for some opinions on what you would do.

i have about $2000 in cash now, but can't but a decent bike for that, so i have a few options. i want both a bike and a quad.

1. keep my quad i have now (in sig), take the $2k and put it down on a new bike and take out a loan.

2. sell the quad (get atleast $2k from it) take that plus the $2k i have now and buy a used bike, then finance a new quad (450, not sure what one)

3. sell my quad, take money from it, and my existing stash and buy a used 450, and a new bike.

i love the old 400 but with all teh mods it requires alot of maintence, but if a get a new quad it will be stock so i would have to spend more on it on mods. same with a bike. wither way i go, if i buy used i may be able to find one with what i want done to it already. not sure which way to go just yet. what would you do?

HondaEXrider22
07-02-2007, 04:08 AM
To be honest, 4grand isnt going to get you very far, especially for both. Taking a loan is an almost definant.

firefighterjosh
07-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Is this your frist bike? I wouldn't spend over 3k on your first. You almost garanteed to lay it down at sometime. Save some more money pay cash for the bike and see where insurance leaves you before you go buy another quad

underpowered
07-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
To be honest, 4grand isnt going to get you very far, especially for both. Taking a loan is an almost definant.

no not 4k for both. spend 4k on one, and take a loan out for the other. i know i can pick up a good used YFZ450 for about $3500 or so in my area. or a decent used bike for about the same. a loan will be taken out no matter what, but trying to weigh my options.

underpowered
07-02-2007, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Is this your frist bike? I wouldn't spend over 3k on your first. You almost garanteed to lay it down at sometime. Save some more money pay cash for the bike and see where insurance leaves you before you go buy another quad [/QUOTE

first bike, well kinda. it will be teh first one i will own. i have ridden my dads bikes for a while now, jsut want one to call my own. i have grown up around cycles, work in a cycle shop. i know how to ride, the shop even trust me enough to test ride customers bikes after they are worked on. riding skill is not at question, i just want a bike of my own instead of borrowing dads bikes all the time (granted he does have 4 at the moment)

Caseys 300ex
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Just buy one off your dad

underpowered
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
well he has bikes, but not really what i want. the bike i mainly ride is an old nighthawk 450. great bike, but not what i want. his other bikes he rides are a 1978 XS11 which is a full dresser adn his baby, a 2002 shadow sabre. the only one i like is the sabre and he would not sell it. the other two he would. the nighthawk is ok, bu ti want something a little bigger than a 450.

firefighterjosh
07-02-2007, 06:01 PM
that makes more sence. If you have been riding for a while and ride your dads all the time. Go get ya some!...bikes