PDA

View Full Version : Who's hollerin at me???

10-22-2002, 07:01 AM
I'd just like to know who the kids were that were hollerin at me when I went by them at the Ironman race this weekend. Sorry I didn't stop to talk to ya,,I was concentrating on finding the finish line..:o :D

Pappy
10-22-2002, 07:08 AM
haha...one of them said they pointed out a faster line ....but you was skeered of the hill and came back down the trail...the wrong way:eek: :D

lil400exman
10-22-2002, 07:15 AM
he he he he:eek:

10-22-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by 400ex127
haha...one of them said they pointed out a faster line ....but you was skeered of the hill and came back down the trail...the wrong way:eek: :D

Actually Kenny that did happen..I get to a spot on the trail and these 2 dudes are like jumpin up and down and pointing me over to this particular trail,,as i start to go over toward the area there pointing me in,,I notice a tree plastered with big X danger signs,,welp I see why,,the trail was a very very steep downhill..I said welp I guess it's to late now and went down it. After geeting to the bottom I turned and graciouslly gave the 2 young chaps a nice finger gesture and proceeded on my way...I found another way down the hill the next lap..:o

Pappy
10-22-2002, 07:48 AM
yeah i was serious....i asked him if they actually looked at the new line...lol i would get of my quad and hand out some arse whoopin if someone gave me a bogus line:macho

redzoomer
10-22-2002, 07:52 AM
Hey Rico, stop watching the crowd, looking for women!! lol I know that is what you're doing! That will get you hurt! hahaha
Hairdaddy does that .... and he never wins!! lmao

DEAL
10-22-2002, 08:36 AM
haha Ricos got trail rage.

CHAUNCY
10-22-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by redzoomer
Hey Rico, stop watching the crowd, looking for women!! lol I know that is what you're doing! That will get you hurt! hahaha
Hairdaddy does that .... and he never wins!! lmao

I knew the racers were doin somethin wrong

trx400ex
10-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Actually Kenny that did happen..I get to a spot on the trail and these 2 dudes are like jumpin up and down and pointing me over to this particular trail,,as i start to go over toward the area there pointing me in,,I notice a tree plastered with big X danger signs,,welp I see why,,the trail was a very very steep downhill..I said welp I guess it's to late now and went down it. After geeting to the bottom I turned and graciouslly gave the 2 young chaps a nice finger gesture and proceeded on my way...I found another way down the hill the next lap..:o

that was us rico, we were pointing to a line no one was taking, you didnt take the one we were pointing to, it would have acutually been faster to take it,, and the danger sign stapled to the log was because the log was halfway out in the trail, NOT because the hill was bad..
i didnt see your nice fingure gesture though..:D

Pappy
10-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by trx400ex

haha..rico did a one handed one finger:huh geuss hes ready for freestyle now:blah

10-22-2002, 10:01 AM

that was us rico, we were pointing to a line no one was taking, you didnt take the one we were pointing to, it would have acutually been faster to take it,, and the danger sign stapled to the log was because the log was halfway out in the trail, NOT because the hill was bad..

Well guys if ya wanted ta help a beer woulda been nice..:D

I figured you woulda been by the large uphill climb farther back,,why weren't ya back there with the other 10,000 screaming fans????

trx400ex
10-22-2002, 10:43 AM
we were for a while, i only saw you that one time, i was gonna go look for ya, but i couldnt anyone in the crowd of pits...did you have fun?

oh ya , sorry for the misunderstanding

10-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Yeah I had fun,,next time were your exriders shirt so I know I can trust ya...I had a few guys mislead me throughout the race so it might not have been you guys that I flipped off...:D Next year the entire quadshop crew should be there so we'll be easier to find..

SGA
10-22-2002, 12:45 PM
Yeah, you gotta watch out for where some of the spectators will send you. they love to see you wipe out. I trust guys wearing riding pants from the morning race. they won't send you down some cliff. and the gncc officials and my comman sense.

trx400ex
10-22-2002, 02:30 PM
Yeah, there is no way i would send anyone anywhere i think they might get hurt or not make it through, did you stay for the bike race on sunday..it was nuts down there by the hills, it got to where there was always a wreck on every hill, about 40 or 50 racers juust sitting down at the bottom waiting for a turn to try and get up it...they finnaly opened up another hill and that helped it get cleared out..so whats the deal man, are you going to give up MX'n or are you just gonna race both?

10-22-2002, 02:59 PM
so whats the deal man, are you going to give up MX'n or are you just gonna race both?

I'm gonna do both..I like MX more but the XC is probably the best training you can do for MX since a MX race is 15 minutes at the most and a XC is 2+ hours long..you build up your stamina a ton in XC..

PS...I think next year I'm gonna run a morning class so I can go back to that huge hill climb to watch all the wrecks..I know I sat at the bottom 2 times and looked up there to see which line I was gonna take..:eek:

trx400ex
10-22-2002, 04:10 PM
yeah man, i will have to meet you next year. if im not racing in the ironman, i will just have to go hunting through the pits for ya..also the morning class has a fresh track...no 2 foot deep ruts.. definantly a plus for me..

Rip_Tear
10-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Rico, it shouldnt have mattered because you should have been in 1st anyways so it would matter!:)