PDA

View Full Version : 300ex air filter

brettg
07-01-2007, 09:00 PM
i ahve a quick question hoping someone would help me with . i ahve a 2000 300ex with a wb e-series and had a K&N filter on it. I changed the stock jetting to a 118 main n put the e-clip 4 nothces down as my dealer told me to. When i started the bike it still backfired so i adjsuted the fuel screw and still it didnt help. i checked the plug n it looked a little lean. I decided to take off 2 discs from the exhaust hoping to richen it up. When i did it began to backfire louder wiht more of a pop to it. Instead of ripping apart the carb again. i was wondering if i replaced the K&n with the stock filter for 2 reasons. I ride in dustry trails where debris is going to go right thru the k&n. I also firgured the stock filter wood decrease the amount of air and richen up the mixture, and hopefully decrease the amount of backfiring that is occuring. I jsut thot id ask cuz i wanna get it running right so i can go riding without hurting it. Also i wood rather run a lil rich than lean..... any help wood be appreciated

thanks

Moto250X_Rider
07-01-2007, 10:57 PM
I would run a Uni filter.....there better than astock and ofer more protection than a K&N ....or u could use a pre-filter with your K&N and a outer-ware lid to give even more filtering......but would run a Uni,,,thats just me....