PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug wire commin loose?

blasterandy
07-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, im riding today and it starts cutting out. So im like **** i just put a new plug in it and i hoped i didn't already foul one out. I go to change it and the wire it practically out of the jug. So i plug it back up and walla. Works fine, i ride somemore and it comes out again. Plug it back up in the process burning the glove to my hand and it goes fine. So my question is... is the heat from the engine expanding the wire enough to slip off of the plug, i dunno maybe i didn't have it on all the way possably don't think so. If needed i can buy a new wire thats not that big a deal. So is this a simple fix is the wire worn out or should i just not worry about it. ???
Thanks drew

Sparky_20
07-01-2007, 10:18 PM
do you feel it kind of click down when you put it on? its possible that the wire itself is just worn out.

blasterandy
07-02-2007, 06:32 AM
yea but it didn't feel like a good click ya know. I will prolly see if i can get it to click in really good today.

wilkin250r
07-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Often the spark plug wire is attached directly to the coil, but the spark plug CAP is replaceable.

The wire would require a new coil, $100 or so.

The cap is usually less than $15, and it twists off much like a screw.

blasterandy
07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
ok thanks, i may look into that if it happens again.

honda6490
07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
This happend to me when I had my 400ex, you can prob get a whole new wire and coil for like 20-30 bucks used on ebay.

86 Quad R
07-03-2007, 03:57 PM
is the plug in tight enough to squash the washer? i've seen loose spark plugs allow compression to blow by them and blow off the plug wire.

if you do end up needing a new boot. no big deal. your local supplier should have them.

blasterandy
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
I dunno. Do any of you have a problem with tightening the spark plugs. I prolly need to check that cause i just installed a new one the day b4 we went riding.