PDA

View Full Version : Tires Loosing Air!!!...Crap

blasterandy
07-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Alright so yesterday morning i pull the 400 out to go riding. Look at the left tire look at the right tire and the im like crap. So i pull it up to the house and knock the tire off and check the bead for a leak i fill the tire up with 18lbs of air and put some Detktor on it. I see nothing around the bead. I see no holes on the tire or in it. I may try soapy water 2morrow all over the wheel not to waste the Detktor, i am almost convinced its the bead. Its a fairly slow leak. I can ride for about 1hr on it without having to pump it up. Then just a few pumps and back up to normal presure. I just bought the rims from RM ATV 3days ago so i can see how the problem could arise. Today i filled it up with 22lbs and i saw no increase. I may just break the bead 2morrow and rebead it. I dont want to return them but if worst come to worst i will.
N e help would be appreciated.

charlie211
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Call Ghostbusters and ask for Slimer. Have the gooey little spud roll around on the inside of your tire to stop the leak!

http://www.slimesealant.com/

blasterandy
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I have that they want me to put 32oz. in my tire... thats 2lb more weight added to one tire thus throwing my atv off ballance. :D
So i have that option i just dont see it working.

charlie211
07-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Interesting... My Slimer told me only 16 - 18 pumps. Each pump equalying an ounce, this is only 4 quarter pounders at McDonalds! Half of what they asked you to do. I wonder why they suggested a double dowse?

blasterandy
07-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I read the instuctions on the bottle. Anyways i called RM ATV they sent me a return order and its getting shipped back 2 day. (I love rockymountain very easy to work with... the guy was like whats ur phone # and would you like the print out through the mail or email. 10min later i got the email printed it out in 10secs and its packaged up right now in my den.

Sjorge450R
07-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by blasterandy
I read the instuctions on the bottle. Anyways i called RM ATV they sent me a return order and its getting shipped back 2 day. (I love rockymountain very easy to work with... the guy was like whats ur phone # and would you like the print out through the mail or email. 10min later i got the email printed it out in 10secs and its packaged up right now in my den.

should have just popped the beads, they some sticky bead sleelant on and re-seeted. Would have been good to go.

awlogeman
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
check the tire valve it may need to be tightned