PDA

View Full Version : Am I overheatin??

MX450
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I got my new baldwin pipe on and went riding today, i have a stock 05, baldwin system, airbox lid off (stock filter for now till my sparks gets here) and he sent me a 185 main jet and a new needle on the 3rd clip. I took it out for the first time today it ran fine. when i took the stock handlebars ect off, i wasnt sure what to do with the little hose that ran from the coolant overflow bottle up towards the bars so i ran it down hanging behind the fan, after riding for a little bit i noticed coolant all over the place coming from the hose, was i overheatin or should the hose be pointed up like it used to be???

Also, i noticed my header had a blueish color to it, not sure if this is normal or rich/lean?? Heres a pic its kinda hard to tell. ( you can also see in the pic were the dirt is stuck to where the coolant was going everywhere)

THANKS

MX450
07-01-2007, 07:54 PM
oh yea i also dont have the overheat light hooked up so i wasnt sure

07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
You said you took the stock bars off. Did you unplung the key switch? If so your fan isn't coming on.

MX450
07-01-2007, 08:37 PM
no i still have the keyswitch ziptyed on till i get my killswitch wired up. I pulled off the track to see if the fan was on it wasnt, then after ilding/reving for a min it came on.