PDA

View Full Version : couple questions about transmission

KFX440ROX
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
hello, I dropped the oil in my tranny today which only had about 10 mins of run time on it and it already looks like this [img]http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/7/18121225752.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5850153)
should i be concerned? The reason I already took the oil out is b.c I over filled it a little bit and the clutch was sticking when I had it disengaged but if I gave it a little gas the quad would stop sticking, what dose this mean? I would think having the oil a little to high would cause it to stick like this but would it stop sticking when you gave it a little gas too? any help will be appreciated

07-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I would say don't worry about it. I change my oil every time I ride and no matter how long I ride it looks nasty.

KFX440ROX
07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
ok thanks and what do yo think about my sticky clutch problem? just too much oil? Im not sure because like I said when you give it a little gas it will stop sticking while disengaged.

Rulz
07-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Too much oil is not going to cause the clutch to "stick". Chances are you may have a grooved basket and the clutch plates are getting hung up slightly, not being allowed to float free.

400exrider707
07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Or something like a tusk clutch.... crappy fiber materials will do this...

07-02-2007, 08:13 AM
When you say sticking do you mean hard to dissengage or put in nutreul. I would think the clutch basket is getting worn.

KFX440ROX
07-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Rulz
Too much oil is not going to cause the clutch to "stick". Chances are you may have a grooved basket and the clutch plates are getting hung up slightly, not being allowed to float free.

In the service manual it says if you over fill the tranny side it will cause the clutch to stick while disengaged

When you say sticking do you mean hard to dissengage or put in nutreul. I would think the clutch basket is getting worn.

like when i have it in lets say 1st gear and the clutch is disengaged the fourwheeler will try to move forwards like as if i was just slightly letting go of the clutch and if i give it gas while still disengaged the quad will stop trying to move forwards