PDA

View Full Version : Is ATV MX racing dead?

Dr_Quest
07-01-2007, 04:55 PM
What happened? Is the coverage lacking or is ATVA MX dead? Where is the coverage and points for this season? The link to the official website is dead.

OutlawBill
07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
It is dead they have more pros at WPSA now. WPSA has more money and better TV coverage. WPSA had 20 pros this weekend what did the ATVA have 10 or less the WPSA QTC had 15 pros. If the ATVA does not get its act together it is waste of your money to watch it is just a national amateur race series with a fake Pro side slow

esr250r86
07-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, everyone is at the wpsa series. The way it looks, the atva is going to fade out. Sad but I think it might happen if they keep getting low rider turnouts.:(

esr250r86
07-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, everyone is at the wpsa series. The way it looks, the atva is going to fade out. Sad but I think it might happen if they keep getting low rider turnouts.:(

OutlawBill
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Only 8 Pros raced this weekend. The ATVA MX may not be dead but it is a joke. Byrd will be champion over the also ran guys who could not qualify for the WPSA.

LT80
07-05-2007, 07:09 AM
The GNC will survive.
Hopefully after having a lil do-do rubbed on their noses, they (ATVPG) will wise up and start getting along. Just don't hold your breath on it.

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LT80
The GNC will survive.
Hopefully after having a lil do-do rubbed on their noses, they (ATVPG) will wise up and start getting along. Just don't hold your breath on it.

Where were you this weekend, Jack??? I had your dinner covered....

LT80
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Working. This is hell month for me.
I did remember the offer tho. :)
Maybe etown eh?!?
LOL

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Working. This is hell month for me.
I did remember the offer tho. :)
Maybe etown eh?!?
LOL

You show, and it's on.... Hope you like Outback...

z03n05
07-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I was at GNC this past weekend and it terrible compared to previous years. It didn't even feel like a national. I enjoyed watching my friends race though because for us it was local.

TWISTED
07-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by z03n05
I was at GNC this past weekend and it terrible compared to previous years. It didn't even feel like a national. I enjoyed watching my friends race though because for us it was local.

Try and make it to a WPSA event.. You won't regret it.....

Dr_Quest
07-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Last race I saw was Budd's last year, now I dont recognize half of the pros that are racing. East coast races only and no Loretta Lynns? bahh But I guess it makes sense to have races in a market area that supports it. East coast and South kicks the West's *** when it comes to participation. My son and I quit racing and he took up bike motocross after we left TN due to the lack of racing community in the west.

I'm whining now but the website is weak sauce. pdf format is the lazy way to show stats.

treake
07-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Why in the world would any of you think the ATVA is slowly dying out? Did you forget that they are the ones that were around in the 90's when everyone else was turning and running in the opposite direction when it came to ATV racing. They will see that numbers are down, they will go back to the drawing board and figure out a way to co-exist with the WPSA. The WPSA runs a good show. The racing is great and the rider turn out is great but your forgetting one thing that helps bring in money, the spectators, and that goes for both the ATVA and WPSA. I've attended both, and there is going to be your exception, but for the most part, the spectators comprised of the racers and their families. The quad racing community has come a long ways, but there is still a long ways to go. As of right now, the amateurs get to race at both the WPSA and the ATVA. Why don't you just enjoy the fact you have more opportunities to race as an amateur because at some point, when the series gets big enough and the spectator turn out will warrant it, the amateurs will no longer be racing with the pros. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's headed in the same direction as the bikes to where you will have national qualifiers for the amateurs. Although, we do have a long ways to go before we get to that point. So stop worrying about if a series is fading out. You should race and enjoy it no matter which series it is. This way no series fades out and we can continue to grow.