PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leak near spark plug

mikeminyard
07-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I have a 270pv, and after I replaced the mechanical seal, I noticed that I am really getting the leak from near the spark plug at the dome. Any ideas on what to do to fix this? Do I need to just get a new head?

trailwart
07-01-2007, 11:06 AM
on my esr head i have orings on the dome that seal it from leaking out the top. you can buy new orings to fix that if its the orings leaking.

Aceman
07-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I had the same problem, just replace the oring on the dome.

redrooster310r
07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
dont forget to have an extra set .....

mikeminyard
07-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Okay, I'll get a set ordered. So here is a newbie question, how do you get the dome out? When I redid the top end I tried to push it out with my fingers, but that didn't work. Is there a trick? Also, will I need to replace the o-rings between the cylinder and the head when I take the head off to get the dome out, or are they re-useable?

C-LEIGH RACING
07-02-2007, 10:20 AM
If the o rings that seal the head dont look torn up then you can reuse them if you have to, but, its always good to replace them any time you have the head off.
Neil

Aceman
07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by mikeminyard
Okay, I'll get a set ordered. So here is a newbie question, how do you get the dome out?When I redid the top end I tried to push it out with my fingers, but that didn't work. Is there a trick?

Yep, just push harder! Try using a mallet or a hammer handle;)

Originally posted by mikeminyard
Also, will I need to replace the o-rings between the cylinder and the head when I take the head off to get the dome out, or are they re-useable?

I had to reuse my inner oring last time I pulled the head off also, I coated both orings with dielectric grease before installing them.

mikeminyard
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
It was the o-ring. It was really bad. The dome popped out no problem. Also, putting it back in was hard. I just smeared some vaseline on the o-ring and it popped right in.

At the same time I added a supercoil. It made a big difference. It used to be very hard to start, and now half a kick gets it going.