PDA

View Full Version : Core Cooler

ocotilloboy
07-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Has anyone tried the core cooler by sixsixone. If you have how did you like it. Thank you

heres the link

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=759672f6-8f2c-41b1-b819-4239bbb3fa41&product=9b237fec-7ec0-4fee-b27b-5647681a773a

mine
07-01-2007, 10:22 AM
My friend sean tried to get me to buy it lst summer, because i get pretty messed up in the heat. and he said it worked absolutly awesome.just throw it inthe fride/freezer the night before riding.

CannondaleRider
07-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Your not supposed to put it in the freezer or refrigerator.

Your actually supposed to soak it in water for a certain period of time. Longer soaking lengths will allow it to stay cool for longer. You can soak it for a couple minutes for a quick ride, or soak it for an hour for a 5 day trek where you won't be able to re-soak it. Yes, it will stay cool for 5 days of use.

I have one. I haven't yet gotten the chance to use it riding, my last few rides were in chilly Washington weather. But, when I got it, I tried it for a couple hours working on my bikes. It was 115 or so that day, and it DID NOT feel like 115......works extremely well.

At first, I worried about it being uncomfortable, because of the moisture constantly being on your shoulders....But, as long as you let it dry completely before using it, it feels fine.

mine
07-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Your not supposed to put it in the freezer or refrigerator.

Your actually supposed to soak it in water for a certain period of time. Longer soaking lengths will allow it to stay cool for longer. You can soak it for a couple minutes for a quick ride, or soak it for an hour for a 5 day trek where you won't be able to re-soak it. Yes, it will stay cool for 5 days of use.

I have one. I haven't yet gotten the chance to use it riding, my last few rides were in chilly Washington weather. But, when I got it, I tried it for a couple hours working on my bikes. It was 115 or so that day, and it DID NOT feel like 115......works extremely well.

At first, I worried about it being uncomfortable, because of the moisture constantly being on your shoulders....But, as long as you let it dry completely before using it, it feels fine.

Yes, im sorry he did tell me to soak it, it was quite a while ago and i totally forgot.

quad2xtreme
07-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I have one...great way to spend $40. It definitely helps.

ocotilloboy
07-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Do you use cold water or room temperature water?

JForestZ34
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Dam for only $40 if that keeps you as cool as it says I'm going to order one in a couple of weeks...

James

firefighterjosh
07-01-2007, 08:40 PM
"Soak the Personal Radiator in water for as little as 5 minutes, or up to 120 min. Allow to dry, Velcro the "SIXSIXONE Core-Cooler" on and stay cool for up to 5 days.
"

WOW might help with the dizzeness I get when riding in the hot

quad2xtreme
07-02-2007, 07:36 AM
ok, this really sucks....this was my little secret that is out there now.

I just soak it in cold water that comes from the faucet.

I also drop one of those blue bags you put into the freeze down in my shirt when I ride too. It stays cool for about 1.5 hrs. I keep another in the cooler of ice and switch them out.

There, now everyone knows how I stay cool. :D

ocotilloboy
07-02-2007, 09:01 AM
How long does it take to dry before you are supposed to put it on?

quad2xtreme
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
it will dry enough in 15 minutes that you don't have to worry about it dripping or getting your clothes wet.

/Jon

winters126
07-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I purchased one after Jon's rave review of it the last time I saw him at Breezewood. I really like it a lot. It definitely helps keep me cool while riding. Plus, it doesn't bother me at all when I ride. I'd definitely recommend it, also. Thanks, Jon!

outacontrol
07-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by winters126
I purchased one after Jon's rave review of it the last time I saw him at Breezewood. I really like it a lot. It definitely helps keep me cool while riding. Plus, it doesn't bother me at all when I ride. I'd definitely recommend it, also. Thanks, Jon!
how funny, jon gave me his rave review too, and i ran out and bought one, and so did my friend. we both love them, and they work awesome!