PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable loose!!!

"BLAHH"300!!
10-28-2001, 08:24 AM
is there anyway to tighten a clutch cable on my 96' 300ex-
i know their should be but i went to the local cycle shop and some young guy there- told me it was self ajusting??
- what about those scrws on my handle bars-behind the clutch perch- what about the screw on top of the motor before it goes into the side case- ??- am i on the right track?
and witch way to a turn the screws- the one on my bars are all the way up against the pearch- is this tight or loose??
i'm clueless about this- i could never get my bycicle brake cables tight - so i took them off- can't do tha here though... help!

trueblue450
10-28-2001, 08:33 AM
Well I know the screw behind the clutch cable on the handlebars tightens it. Look in your owners manual if you have one. But all you gotta do is unscrew that a little and it should tighten up.

"BLAHH"300!!
10-28-2001, 10:01 AM
i went out- screwd the one on my bars all the way out-
got on it- put it in gear and held the front brake- clutch slipped- just reved the motor- no wheel action-
screwed it back in -back to where it was originaly and put it in first
little nudge when it went in gear and when i held the front brake and came out on the clutch- i poped my front wheels up then started spinning the rear wheels- thats normal i know-

how do i make it stop jerking when it goes in gear- buy a new clutch cable??

Taco
10-28-2001, 12:41 PM
It is perfectly normal for the bike to move a lil bit when you put it in gear for the first time ie. while cold. After the bike runs for a while does it do this?

"BLAHH"300!!
10-28-2001, 04:18 PM
- good post man-
but right off hand i can't remember if it does or not- i'll get back with you guys later on it...