PDA

View Full Version : Q&A About Riding The Dunes.

maverick
10-21-2002, 10:00 PM
Post some questions about riding the dunes, and i DO NOT mean going up and down the hill because thats not actually riding the dunes LOL.

Anybody that wants to help answer go ahead.

BornOnFire
10-22-2002, 08:12 AM
OK, what are the fees to ride and camp there if you are from out of state? I'm heading up there on Thanksgiving.

Dune Surfer
10-22-2002, 06:00 PM
I ride at Glamis and Pismo. Glamis is $10 for seven days or $30 per season, They have bathrooms but no water. You need to bring everything with you that you will need.
As far as riding goes remember speed is your friend, Don't go over blind drops or go over the crest of the dunes to fast, it could be a razorback and you could crash and die on the other side. The best idea is to crest the dune and turn left or right and stop!!
It is also alot of fun to do a big half circle on the face of the dune and haul a** back down. Pismo is OK to ride alone (smaller dunes and you can't get lost) Glamis I recomend having a riding partner it is big and scary.
If your planning a trip post here and someone will show you around. I go about every two weeks. Hope this helps.