PDA

View Full Version : Help Me! Banshee keeps flooding! Need Tuning Help!

395Rider
06-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I am currently working on a 2004 Banshee 350s. I have cleaned out the gas tank and carbs. It idles just fine, but when I am in a dead stop and in first gear, during the first 1/4 throttle, it begins to power down and it sounds like it's flooding! It is worse when I am turning in first gear out of a dead stop. I have to increase the RPMs to get it going and with one wrong move, I'm toast!

The bike has two carbs and I am taking a wild guess that both carbs need to have the air screw turned out by the same amount of turns. How many turns should they be out?

The bike has round adjusting nobs above the carbs. I have come to realize that these adjust the idle. These do not seem to be the problem. They are set to hold a good RPM.

I have the clutch set so that both arrows on the engine are lined up.

Let me know if you have a solution to fixing this beast!

Adam The VictorVillain #76

firefighterjosh
07-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Check the Choke tube, and check to make sure the ebrake switch is not faulty.

robjohn74
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 395Rider
I am currently working on a 2004 Banshee 350s. I have cleaned out the gas tank and carbs. It idles just fine, but when I am in a dead stop and in first gear, during the first 1/4 throttle, it begins to power down and it sounds like it's flooding! It is worse when I am turning in first gear out of a dead stop. I have to increase the RPMs to get it going and with one wrong move, I'm toast!

The bike has two carbs and I am taking a wild guess that both carbs need to have the air screw turned out by the same amount of turns. How many turns should they be out?

The bike has round adjusting nobs above the carbs. I have come to realize that these adjust the idle. These do not seem to be the problem. They are set to hold a good RPM.

I have the clutch set so that both arrows on the engine are lined up.

Let me know if you have a solution to fixing this beast!

Adam The VictorVillain #76

i think it is either 1.1/2 or 2.1/2 turnes out... wow you mean they have two carbs.. lmao... 99.9% of them do...

395Rider
07-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by robjohn74
i think it is either 1.1/2 or 2.1/2 turnes out... wow you mean they have two carbs.. lmao... 99.9% of them do...

Funny Guy! Hey, I was just asked to switch out an A-arm, the chain guide, align it, and I volunteered to try and fix the idle problem. This is my first time working on a Banshee. I went to a dealer to see how the chain guide was set up on these bikes, and I found out they stop making them! Hell, I am honored to work on this bike! Thanks for the tip, I'll try turning it out!

Adam The Vicotor Villain #76

395Rider
07-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Check the Choke tube, and check to make sure the ebrake switch is not faulty.

Cool! I'll take this beast apart again and take the carbs completely apart. I only cleaned out the inside part, but not the externally accesible parts. Thanks!

I'll take the e barke off the rear and see if that is the problem. Thanks again!

Adam The Victor Villain #76

http://www.youtube.com/kingofcrowntown

firefighterjosh
07-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 395Rider
Cool! I'll take this beast apart again and take the carbs completely apart. I only cleaned out the inside part, but not the externally accesible parts. Thanks!

I'll take the e barke off the rear and see if that is the problem. Thanks again!

the choke tube runs between the 2 carbs. But a quck clean of the cars would be good.

The ebrake switch in mounted next to teh clutch. Its a button type thing you can press in with your thumb

cannondale27
07-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Those carbs also need to be synchronized.Best is with a meter but there are some little windows on each carb that you can see a dot on slide through.Both carbs should have the dot in the window at same throttle position.Also dont forget a Banshee likes to be revved.They dont like to idle around.