PDA

View Full Version : California, here i am!

450robot
06-30-2007, 10:28 PM
well, as of today, i now live in california! we just ariived early this morning. we are living in Del Mar, just outide of La Jolla, our place, is beautiful, so is the weather, high 70s and sun all week long.

its a huge change from good ole' Pa though! so much more fast paced! lots of roads, hills, beaches, and rock! and not to mention a huge daily flock of the rich folk lol!

its a little hard adjusting, im kind of home sick, missin' the buds, and the girl friend, but hey... dunes, motorsports, weather, location! you cant beat it!

i will also be attending ITT for the CAD/drafting course coming sept 11 (wierd date huh?) i cant wait to see how that turns out as well!

so, as soon as the damn moving trucks arrives with my box packed with the camera, i will take tons of pictures!

enjoy! btw, anyone near my area ever wanting to ride or get around to showing me some good places to have fun, let me know! im kind of lost out here!

miller821
06-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Change your location of their, from PA to CA <-------.

I always wanted to visit their, but don't think I could ever live their.

07250ex
06-30-2007, 10:57 PM
eee ur leaving a girl behind that stinks =/ but its said that cali is the best place to live talk to mephyst he seems to like it =p

aci clay
06-30-2007, 11:10 PM
the girls in so cal are gonna make you forget about that g/f you left behind in no time. there is no hotter girls anywhere, period!!

07-01-2007, 07:35 AM
I went to cali last summer and it was great I would not mind moving there :D and lets not forget about glamis and las vegas

GPracer2500
07-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I think the political climate and gun laws of CA would drive me nuts. It's too bad. Natural resource-wise CA has just about everything anyone could ever want. It's upsetting that CA has been gerrymandered into a bastion of liberalism.

But all that aside, glad you're liking it 450robot.

banshee84
07-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Welcome to California, make sure you register your atv and hopefully you get a green sticker

LilQJ
07-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Where in Cali. are you close to? Is that Southern?

BlaineKaiser450
07-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
I think the gun laws of CA would drive me nuts. It's too bad.
they drive me insane!

spdygonzalez450
07-01-2007, 08:50 PM
welcome to CA, i live like 15 min or so from you. You will love it here, the weather is great, and your very close to glamis, i think it is about 2 and a half hours maybe a little more depending on where you go, but welcome enjoy it

QuadJunkies
07-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Cool to go and visit, but I would not like to live there.

I bet that is a BIG culture shock for you!

Enjoy the new pace!:)

07250ex
2 and a half hours lol ? i can ride at my house one of my buddys houses thats 2 miles away and riverside which is 25 min away

OutlawBill
Welcome to San Diego now for the good and the bad , good weather but the bad is no place to ride till OCT. Desert too hot and dangerous. for MX there are some tracks up north that hold some races. Not sure what you are into. Next local desert race is at the end of Sep.

450robot
07-02-2007, 10:59 AM
thanks guys! glad to see theres some Ca residents here. ya, ive heard the emmissions out here are just bullcrap, but i guess i can live with that.

yup, its a huge culture shock, its no small town neighborhood, its more of a living area surrounded by buzzing activity, but i guess im starting to adjust well.

not sure what type of racing i will do, desert sounds cool, but i may just skimp out and buy a supermoto bike (possibly ktm 625smc) to terrorize the area with hahaha

OutlawBill
07-02-2007, 11:17 AM
What ever you due; due not go to Glamis it can be very dangerous :eek2: there is incurable disease you will catch out there.:devil:

wilkin250r
07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
That's what I really like about the eastern edge of Nevada, especially Tahoe. We get all the beautiful weather and views of California, without the stupid laws, crowds, and BS. :cool:

OutlawBill
07-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
That's what I really like about the eastern edge of Nevada, especially Tahoe. We get all the beautiful weather and views of California, without the stupid laws, crowds, and BS. :cool: you can see Tahoe forn the eastern edge of Nevada? :confused: You must have some very good eyes ;)

ny300exrider
07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
thanks guys! glad to see theres some Ca residents here. ya, ive heard the emmissions out here are just bullcrap, but i guess i can live with that.

yup, its a huge culture shock, its no small town neighborhood, its more of a living area surrounded by buzzing activity, but i guess im starting to adjust well.

not sure what type of racing i will do, desert sounds cool, but i may just skimp out and buy a supermoto bike (possibly ktm 625smc) to terrorize the area with hahaha i know if i moved out to cali and was on my own, a 625smc would be the first thing i bought!!!

nothing like saying hi to your new neighbors by ripping through town on a supermoto bike lol

good luck out there man, im sure youll love it.