PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!

SVTPete
06-30-2007, 04:22 PM
So Last week i installed my fuel atv intake pcIII and dasa pipe. I raced Glen Helen itp last weekend and it ran like a raped ape. So this week I arrive at practice where I live and on the second lap I start to feel a little stutter. It comes at various rpms and does not show consistantly. The stutter got worse and worse and I had to finally pull off the track cause the stutter was happening before jumps and all over the place. If I take it and just floor it in a straight, 9 times out of ten it runs hard. But if I am just railing the track it is stuttering all over the place. The pcIII was turning on and functioning, all the wires looked like they had good connections, I am baffled This quad is only 3 weeks old with not very many hours on it. It starts up perfectly every time. I have owned and raced a predator before this so I do not yet know how to trouble shoot it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Peter

DVXracer
06-30-2007, 07:31 PM
What do you mean by shutter ?

SVTPete
07-01-2007, 03:41 AM
It would run hard, then stop running for a split second then run hard again. Over and over

DVXracer
07-01-2007, 10:25 AM
I never had that problem :confused:

culichi
07-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Hmmmmmm wierd:confused:

asjr39
07-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Did you try changing the fuel filter? I was having somewhat the same problem and changing the fuel filter solved the problem

SVTPete
07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I havent tried that yet the bike was so new i didnt think it would clog that quickly

hondaracer31
07-03-2007, 05:31 AM
The filter is extremely fine. It wouldn't take much dirt to plug it. It might be worth trying..

suzukiray
07-03-2007, 06:42 PM
If you change the swirl tank filter & it still does it you have to clean the pressure regulator also. I have had to clean the regulators on 4 LTRs so far after changing the filter. Ray.

AL Elks
07-03-2007, 07:46 PM
FUEL FILTER
Inside the swirl tank (small reservoir attached to the petcock) there is a small fuel filter. This filter needs only to be replaced maybe every six months to a year if you run pump gas. But- with some race fuels, the filter needs to be changed frequently. Some race fuels will dissolve the filter. The symptoms of a bad filter are when the bike inexplicably starts to cut out. Usually in the air off of jumps with a chopped throttle.

If your LT-R starts to show these symptoms, go to your dealer and buy a few of the filters and the O-ring gasket for the swirl tank (just in case you break the original) and replace the filter. We recommend cleaning the fuel pressure regulator at this time as well.

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ISSUES
If your LT-R becomes hard to start and is running poorly, for no apparent reason, often times it could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Or, if you’ve had fuel filter issues due to corrosive race gas, the units can become clogged from either debris or corrosion. The normal 42psi pressure can be reduced below 40psi, and things start to go bad. The unit can be cleaned by removing it from the quad, and cleaning with contact cleaner and. We also like to use an air hose to blow out any potential debris.

FUEL LINES
Keeping your fuel lines and water lines cool and protected will make the rubber last a lot longer by protecting it from the heat. The race team uses a heat wrap that is made by CV-4. It looks good and improves durability.

hanes17
07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I have had the same problem with mine when using the Dynatek. I tried changing the swirl tank filter, and there was no change. I looked over all the wires, and all were good. I even got a new Dynatek, and still the same. When I takeit off and run with just the Cherry Bomb is runs fine. I have yet to figure it out. I am some what glad to here that there is some one else with a problem like this only because I know its not jst my bike. It makes it virtually impossible to ride when it does this. You go from full power to nothing then full on again. It flat wares you out.

You should try it with out the PCIII and with just the Cherry Bomb.

SVTPete
07-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Alright here was the problem. There is a connection on the key switch wiring. Everytime I moved it the bike shut off. I went ahead and cut the connection out and connected the wires and blam, runs like a champ. Thanks for the replies guys. Thank god it wasnt the fuel system.

kbrown
07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
lol everyone I know with a LTR has had this problem

hanes17
07-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Well thats good you got it fixed now. Unfortunetly thats not the probelm with mine. I have already eliminated that harness.