PDA

View Full Version : Freeland, PA Gone Sour?

DiMeThIcOnE
06-30-2007, 07:35 AM
I was told by a friend who rides up in Freeland more often than I, that they started working on the mines again and have been blocking entrances and telling people to leave. Anyone know anything about this? Is freeland done for awhile? :(

Barrymaxx
07-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Ive been riding there for years now. No problems, untill the last time.

A man approached us and told us to leave. There towing tow vehicals parked on there property or ticketing them. There is also a lady in a truck that drives to coal roads looking for people.

Sad to see this happen, freeland has been safe for so long, and ive ridden there alot. It was our "home feild"

But that wont stop us.:)

DiMeThIcOnE
07-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Thats exactly what I was told from a buddy of mine who has rode there for years also. It's a shame:( I only rode there twice with him and had a blast. :mad:

Moto250X_Rider
07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
this is what is happening all over the area.....heck i own part of 140 acr of land and we are now telling ppl to leave or we will fine u....it's the bad apples that are making it hard to ride anywhere.....are land is trashed so now no one is aloud to ride on our land.....it sucks because i hate to have to kick ppl off the land....and we know who is doin it...just need to catch them in the act

rpyfz450
07-18-2007, 07:16 AM
I have friends who are planning to go there this weekend.

07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Barrymaxx
But that wont stop us.:)

and this is the attitude that will get more riding areas closed because it turns those who don't really care one way or another into those that hate atv riders. it also gives the anti atv people more of a leg to stand on when arguing for the clsoing of atv parks and the baning of atv's in general..
thank ya

Crazy lil punk
07-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
and this is the attitude that will get more riding areas closed because it turns those who don't really care one way or another into those that hate atv riders. it also gives the anti atv people more of a leg to stand on when arguing for the clsoing of atv parks and the baning of atv's in general..
thank ya

nice sig..

07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
nice sig..

ya like that do ya? there is a subliminal message there:D

Crazy lil punk
07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
back to the subject...How far are the coal hills? are they good? legal? any info would be cool

Barrymaxx
07-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
thank ya
No, you are wrong. Our group is probly one of the most respectful groups on here.

What I ment by that comment is that were just going to park off of the coal companies property. Then ride from there.

07-19-2007, 04:21 PM
but you will still be riding where they don't want you to ride...it is the riding they don't want, not the parking

Barrymaxx
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Are you telling me that you ALWAYS go to legal places when you ride?

He told us there towing trucks. He said nothing about riding there. Its dumping thats creating the problem. atv'ers arent.