PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Timing

#404's Dad
06-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Has anyone play'd around with the ignition timing on the 50cc yet and if so what is working best for intermediate sized tracks?

Thanks, Corey

bulldogfallon
06-30-2007, 04:15 AM
a DC CDI Box will allow you to advance the timing for bottom end response and automatically returns as the RPMS rise.

You need to use a Pro Armor Kill Switch to turn off without flipping the switch that runs top the battery

Less than 5 minutes to install or uninstall if a track won't let you use it

About $140...Well worth the money (no permanent mods needed)

A PVL Ignition will remove centrifigal mass and is a nice upgarde...A little pricey at around $500-$600, but it allows the quad to rev a lot quicker...

You can also remove the starter components from the tranny side and insert a spacer and remove even more mass off the clutch

It's all the little things that help, but the 50 is only a 50....very small piston

#404's Dad
06-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
We sell a DC CDI Box that allows you to advance the timing for bottom end response and automatically returns as the RPMS rise.

You need to use a Pro Armor Kill Switch to turn off without flipping the switch that runs top the battery

Less than 5 minutes to install or uninstall if a track won't let you use it

About $140...Well worth the money (no permanent mods needed)

A PVL Ignition will remove centrifigal mass and is a nice upgarde...A little pricey at around $500-$600, but it allows the quad to rev a lot quicker...

You can also remove the starter components from the tranny side and insert a spacer and remove even more mass off the clutch

It's all the little things that help, but the 50 is only a 50....very small piston

Thanks Gary although I am not yet interested in buying any Ignitions but I do have a few PVLs in stock for the 90cc bikes. I could not find your sponsor section on here to browse your inventory, please link me over to yuor site or what ever it is, I am interested in scoping out your goods.

I agree these 50s are only 50s lol, not much TQ or HP to play with and every little bit helps or in many cases hurts the performance.

Hell I just power washed about 50 pounds of dirt off it this morning, thta cant help at all lol.

Corey

Thanks, Corey

kenjolly
06-30-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/

He will help make it faster, no complaints here.

bulldogfallon
06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I am still a bolt on kind of guy...(still learning)

I bet ECMINI or WRH can get a little more technical on the ignition mods.

Something about notching the stator to advance it abotu 3 degrees I believe

My next adventure is the Analog PVL that Maximum RPM offers...

Here it is a nice improvement!!

ecmini1
06-30-2007, 10:10 PM
You can notch the stator plate to adjust your timing but you can only adjust about 1/3 of inch. more than that timinig is off and can cause a hugh lose of pwr and worst of all eng. damage. This helps with bottom end power but will lose on the top end power a little.

The dc cdi is the way to go will adjust timing for you we higly reccomend it. Need to ck your local rules before running it.

#404's Dad
07-01-2007, 01:44 PM
I have a few modified stator plates from the Apex 90s and plan to do some testing on the Dyno later this week if I can free up some time.

I would love to just bolt on a PVL but I doubt it is legal and it would just be something else for everyone else to ***** about even if it was legal.

What are yuo guys finding to be the best amount of degrees advanced on the 50?

Thanks, Corey

ecmini1
07-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Were working with one currently I will let you know.