PDA

View Full Version : HMF or Two Brothers Exhaust 400ex

BUBBA Livesay
06-29-2007, 05:58 PM
i was thinking about getting a two bros exhaust but i dont no anyone with one on a 400ex. I like HMFs but they are a little loud. i have never heard a two bros. i ve narrowed my choices down to these two any comments

XXXRACER165
06-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Two Bros has a P4 power tip available that quiets there pipe to 93db. I'd go however with HMF, they are built to last and made with quality. HMF has quiet-core exhausts too.

BUBBA Livesay
06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
i have rode a bike with a hmf and it sounded awesome! and it made quite a diffrence from the stock setup. you no anyone with a two bros exhaust if so do they like it?

XXXRACER165
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah I do his name is Chris, he has one on his EX and it's quiet but he isn't real impressed with the power gain though. He is switching to Supertrapp.

zje400ex
06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
go with the HMF. and get the quiet core if its 2 loud

BlasterEaten250
06-29-2007, 08:49 PM
If you live in a sound sensitive area the HMF may be too loud, even with the quiet core. We live in a subdivision and my brother has an hmf, and yesterday he just got the quiet core (hoping it would quiet it down a lot), and it still seems a little loud for our liking. Just something to think about

400ex_rider13
06-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the HMF. Except for them being loud, but a Quiet core can tone that down to 96 db. Great gains and sound.

casey_lamm
06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I just got an hmf on didn't do the silencers...and love it.

Originally posted by 400ex_rider13
I've heard nothing but good things about the HMF. Except for them being loud, but a Quiet core can tone that down to 96 db. Great gains and sound.

BUBBA Livesay
07-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I think i am going to go with the hmf and get a quiet core for around here at home. i let you know how it works out. gotta wait for next paycheck though:p

casey_lamm
07-04-2007, 02:20 PM
You wont go wrong. Make sure you jet it afterwords I did a K&N / Dynojet stage one...it Rips and sounds great.

My only regret...If I had it to do over again, I would have put even more money into the slip on. I got the brushed alum...and it looks great... At the time I didn't know how I would like it. Now that I know, I would have paid the extra and when with the sport series...and a fancy color... The red w/graphite look amazing. Good luck! Ill post some pics of mine. I finally got back where I could ride it for a solid week.

Originally posted by BUBBA Livesay
I think i am going to go with the hmf and get a quiet core for around here at home. i let you know how it works out. gotta wait for next paycheck though:p